Poll: Should Trump’s course be stripped of the PGA?

Should Trump’s course be stripped of the PGA next year?

• Yes

Votes: 86 78.9%
  • No

Votes: 23 21.1%

• Total voters

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
It hasn't been removed from Bedminster because he's the president.

It's because he's been orchestrating a fascist coup. Because his supporters stormed the Capitol to prevent the results of a democratic election, which he lost, from being certified. Because those supporters planned to murder the Vice President, the Speaker of the House and other representatives. Because they murdered a police officer.
Well if organising a coup to get re-elected isn't political I'm not sure what is. ;)
Despite what other people say on here, I couldn't play any course that had the Trump name on it. It would go against my personal principles. OK that principle may be that I can't stand the man but I'm not going to do anything that reduces the losses he faces. I'm not denying he pays to have great courses made.
He's such a divisive person that I can imagine both supporters and protestors being there. The PGA won't want that publicity.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
What has sport got to do with Apartheid?

..the sporting boycott of South Africa was a key element of pressure on the SA Government to end Apartheid.

Can the mods please explain to a thicko like me why this thread is not political

It's gone that way....it didn't need too! But there's little leeway for error :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well if organising a coup to get re-elected isn't political I'm not sure what is. ;)
Despite what other people say on here, I couldn't play any course that had the Trump name on it. It would go against my personal principles. OK that principle may be that I can't stand the man but I'm not going to do anything that reduces the losses he faces. I'm not denying he pays to have great courses made.
He's such a divisive person that I can imagine both supporters and protestors being there. The PGA won't want that publicity.

He gets other people to pay to have great courses built ?

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I’m not a trump fan but I don’t think politics and sport should be in the same sentence.
We need to keep politics out of all sport.
In an ideal world, the two do not intertwine. But we don't live in an ideal world, and the two most definitely cross paths. The SA example given above is a good one.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
I think a second poll would be interesting and deffo no comments allowed! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Of the 14 people who voted "the tournament shouldn't be moved," was it because?

a) Sport and Politics should be kept separate
b) Recent events in America were just a "storm in a teacup."
c) Give my self a 5 day ban for asking the question! :)

I would expect 14/0 in favour of (a) ..... :unsure:

D

Deleted member 1147

I think a second poll would be interesting and deffo no comments allowed! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Haven’t the R&A effectively said that, by not using a Trump course, they are removing the risk of politics becoming an issue.
It’ll be about the golf, players and course, rather than the owner and his circus.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I voted NO and would vote a.
If you look hard enough at people who organise golf tournaments you will find lots of people that you don’t like.
Like owners of football clubs .
Politics should not be used as a reason something might happen at the tournament, it might not!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

Is there not an option D?
Couldn't really give a hoot who owns a golf course.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
Haven’t the R&A effectively said that, by not using a Trump course, they are removing the risk of politics becoming an issue.
It’ll be about the golf, players and course, rather than the owner and his circus.

The R&A have been very clever and not mentioned him by name..

"We will not return until we are convinced that the focus will be on the championship, the players and the course itself and we do not believe that is achievable in the current circumstances.”

sunshine

Visit site

... Although not using a Trump course is a political statement (given one of them is widely considered one of the best courses in the world with a successful track record of hosting the Open).

D

Deleted member 1147

... Although not using a Trump course is a political statement (given one of them is widely considered one of the best courses in the world with a successful track record of hosting the Open).
Only 4 Opens...it’s hardly been an R&A favourite over the years

Also, as IanM says, they haven’t actually mentioned Trump in their wording. In theory it could include any owners (but we know who they mean)

sunshine

Visit site
I’m not a trump fan but I don’t think politics and sport should be in the same sentence.
We need to keep politics out of all sport.

How do you keep politics out of sport? The two have been heavily intertwined since the dawn of sport, somewhat naive to think otherwise.

People have been jumping on the sporting bandwagon to use sport for political gain for thousands of years. The ancient Greeks did it, the Romans, Hitler, Franco, BoJo, why is Trump any different?