Trouble finding tee times

bazinga

Visit site
I live in CT on the line of RI and always have trouble finding tee times. I'm curious to know if anyone else has experienced something similar. When I try to find a tee time, most courses are fully booked.

I've tried to use GolfNow and other tee time apps, but they never seem to have slots during the weekend, especially for more than two golfers.

So my question is, how do you guys find tee times when courses are fully booked? Or is this just an issue in my area...

3 jabber

Visit site
I live in CT on the line of RI and always have trouble finding tee times. I'm curious to know if anyone else has experienced something similar. When I try to find a tee time, most courses are fully booked.

I've tried to use GolfNow and other tee time apps, but they never seem to have slots during the weekend, especially for more than two golfers.

So my question is, how do you guys find tee times when courses are fully booked? Or is this just an issue in my area...
I assume you mean Connecticut/Rhode Island? The majority of people on this forum are club members so we have different booking systems. Over here you can book direct on course websites or via phone. We do have golfnow etc but not many courses use it.

bazinga

Visit site
I assume you mean Connecticut/Rhode Island? The majority of people on this forum are club members so we have different booking systems. Over here you can book direct on course websites or via phone. We do have golfnow etc but not many courses use it.

bazinga

Visit site
Yeah, Connecticut and Rhode Island. I get it. I guess it's a bit easier for members to snag a good tee time since courses usually give them first dibs

bazinga

Visit site
How early in advance are you trying to book?
Typically around 3-4 days in advance. Most of the folks I play with don't know if they can make it until a couple of days before, and by then, most courses are usually fully booked, especially for morning tee times.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No idea of what it is like in your area of the world.

Most members courses in my area, SW England, do not take visitors on a Saturday.
We only allow them on our 9 hole course or when playing with a member.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Typically around 3-4 days in advance. Most of the folks I play with don't know if they can make it until a couple of days before, and by then, most courses are usually fully booked, especially for morning tee times.
Yeah - plan ahead a bit further. If US courses are the same as the UK, they'll typically release tee-booking 7 days in advance, so you'll want to get in as early as you can.

You also might be trying to book at courses that only release a few times to the public and hold back the rest for their members - whereas a fully public course might have more times available.