Troon lockgreen

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Anyone played the above, I be heading out next Saturday 2nd Nov just wondering how it plays any info i might need to know ect, teeing of at 12.10 with a mate if anyone wants to tag along your more than welcome

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Aye cheers mate I didn't think about that it's booked now so I'll find out when I get there,
Just called and no we don't need to use mats there might be some tee box mats on some muddy holes tho

Last edited:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
It'll be absolutely mobbed, the fairways will be littered with divots, the bunkers won't be raked and South Ayrshire council will be loving the profit they're making off of you.

Real shame as these used to be tremendous courses. Now just cash cows - however I have said this for years. Good layout but now look tired.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Iv heard that, my mate went by the other day and said the same about it being mobbed, I'm just wanting to play over the winter and my course can be a bit boggy at points

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It'll be absolutely mobbed, the fairways will be littered with divots, the bunkers won't be raked and South Ayrshire council will be loving the profit they're making off of you.

Real shame as these used to be tremendous courses. Now just cash cows - however I have said this for years. Good layout but now look tired.

In the early 1980s we used to occasionally pop down to Troon to play Darley as it was the closest (nearly) links course we could afford to play.

DCB

Visit site
I've got family down in that neck of the woods, so, played the three courses quite often. Of the Troon courses, I'd choose the Darley over Lochgreen. The Fullarton can be the quietest course later in the year as it's the shortest and easiest. Worth considering as the winter goes on and you are fighting against the light or weather.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Played today and was expecting a dump but was decent, as jacko said it was full of holes divers and rabbit, greens were in great shape, thought the lay out was nice some tricky holes and pin positions, really enjoyed it plus my 20 hc going round in 83 helped

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played today and was expecting a dump but was decent, as jacko said it was full of holes divers and rabbit, greens were in great shape, thought the lay out was nice some tricky holes and pin positions, really enjoyed it plus my 20 hc going round in 83 helped
I've not played Lochgreen for many a year but seem to remember the greens were links type and usually in good nick but the fairways were more parkland type. Virtuocity was a member there for a season. But the Darley would be my pick, for a Muni you get what you pay for.
Quite spooky this but Virtuocity just text me, and 4 of us maybe going on Monday :eek:

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I've not played Lochgreen for many a year but seem to remember the greens were links type and usually in good nick but the fairways were more parkland type. Virtuocity was a member there for a season. But the Darley would be my pick, for a Muni you get what you pay for.
Quite spooky this but Virtuocity just text me, and 4 of us maybe going on Monday :eek:
That's a good description of the course, it's in decent nick greens anyway, i thought the bunkers are well positioned you should enjoy it, in a side note on the first hole I played into the bunker on the right and while walking up I saw another player in that bunker playing the opposite course and he must have played my ball he was to far away to say to him, had to play another what's the rule there

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
That's a good description of the course, it's in decent nick greens anyway, i thought the bunkers are well positioned you should enjoy it, in a side note on the first hole I played into the bunker on the right and while walking up I saw another player in that bunker playing the opposite course and he must have played my ball he was to far away to say to him, had to play another what's the rule there
You should've given him a good slap if you were sure he played your ball lol.
But otherwise its a lost ball, so stroke and distance applies, you should've play from where the last shot was taken , or as near as pos.
But make your own rules if it's not an official comp :D.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
if its and outside influence, you drop a ball where it was, no pen.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Aye i saw go straight in, he didn't even rake the bunker after stealing my ball 🤬, I thought that was the rule, i didn't add it to my score tho lol,

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Aye i saw go straight in, he didn't even rake the bunker after stealing my ball 🤬, I thought that was the rule, i didn't add it to my score tho lol,

Steals your ball AND didn't rake?! Sounds like that's 1 shot off your score, to me!