I can’t hit my driver now

G1z1

Visit site
Bit in bold, can you - hand on heart, say you are spending enough time practicing what you have told to do with your driver?
See to be honest every pro ive ever went to only wants to practice irons unless I specifically say something is up with my driver. So I’ve not really had that much time spent on driver. Did spend 2 full hours with the pro at my club and was absolutely no better off after it. All he kept saying was your setup looks nice and your almost there lol that’s also the same guy who took my natural draw and turned it into a slice so soon got away from him.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
See to be honest every pro ive ever went to only wants to practice irons unless I specifically say something is up with my driver. So I’ve not really had that much time spent on driver. Did spend 2 full hours with the pro at my club and was absolutely no better off after it. All he kept saying was your setup looks nice and your almost there lol that’s also the same guy who took my natural draw and turned it into a slice so soon got away from him.

Think you need to find a better pro. If I was paying for a lesson I want constructive input and to be seeing changes and improvement. Not "almost there". If you have had driver lessons the onus is still with you to find time to work on the changes. Perhaps have a look at how you practice and get more of a structure to work on different things subject to what you are having lessons on or what is or isn't working on the course

G1z1

Visit site
Booked in tomorrow for a new pro to have a look at my swing. Started off on the front 9 this morning hitting the driver really good and on the back 9 that horrible low one was creeping back in. only lost one ball so I do think the higher tee and hovering the driver is the way to go for me.

Albo

Visit site
Have you been to the range and spreyed athelete foot sprey on your driver face to see where the impact is on the face on those low ones?

G1z1

Visit site
Have you been to the range and spreyed athelete foot sprey on your driver face to see where the impact is on the face on those low ones?
I have not tried it recently with this new swing, I did try it in the past and was pretty consistent hitting it out the middle with the odd bad one out the toe. In the past even right out the middle shots I would still get a low ball flight.