Trevose - composite /Headland course

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I am down in Cornwall in a couple of weeks.... they just called to warn me that due to maintenance, the day I've booked, there will be a composite course in play... 9 of the main course and the 9 holes Headland - the rate for this is £30.

Anyone played the Headland? Would you play this or not bother? (I haven't played Trevose previously)

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
yes, the heathland is bang average, it's just a warm up for the big course. It maybe OK as a composite, but I wouldn't travel to play it. Go to St Enodoc instead

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
yes, the heathland is bang average, it's just a warm up for the big course. It maybe OK as a composite, but I wouldn't travel to play it. Go to St Enodoc instead
Agree with St Enodoc, but also can really recommend Perranporth. My favourite new course last year.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
You mean like the main course too?

mmmmm maybe. it's been ages since I was down there, I thought they had made some improvements?
I was OK, just a bit flat for a links course. It's my least favourite of the south west links that I've played, but I liked the off course set up, & the par 3 course looked OK ;)

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
mmmmm maybe. it's been ages since I was down there, I thought they had made some improvements?
I was OK, just a bit flat for a links course. It's my least favourite of the south west links that I've played, but I liked the off course set up, & the par 3 course looked OK ;)
yeah thats my view, not in the same league as St Enodoc or Saunton. I'd also rather play Perranporth and RND instead of it.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Just for info, we played on Monday.... reduced fee to £30 as composite course.

We played 1, 2 and 3, then 8-13 on main course, then the 9 Headland Course holes.

Yep, agree with the comments, what we saw of the main course was no St E or Saunton! (but they let us take the dog on the course with us) The par 3s we played were decent, the others ok if unremarkable.... (maybe the holes we missed were better!) I think they wanted £70 in the summer. hmmm In no hurry to sample the rest

The Headland 9 hole isn't anything to write home about. (and that's me being polite) One green is next to the sea, which has great views, but that's about it......then we had to trudge from its final green up the hill to the Clubhouse.

But at least we got some golf in while away for a long weekend...and it stayed dry for most of it! :D

Last edited: