Treated myself to a winter matt

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Now, I have tried a lot of different set ups... with at least 4 months of soggy golf a year I'm determined to find a solution to the mat issue. Will report back ??

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah I struggle for that reason.... gotta 'sweep' it off rather than hit down..... helps if you pin down the mat with a fairly long tee, I've found.
I use one of these......
View attachment 28420
Been using one of these all Winter and place the ball right at the front of the mat on the dimple side for 7 iron and up , then use tee holder bit on the plain side for all other clubs .
Have to say given the conditions we've had, love it , get a clean strike and clubs nice and clean ?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Should this be used the other side up? Have a look on the back to see if there's anything written into the plastic ;)
yes i use it the other way up for iron shots way better the the side shown in that pic, and then put the ball on the edge if using a wood

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
sfw_myworldimage_1V5A4408_1.jpg

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Now I've tested it this is defo the one for me. Once pressed into the ground its just above level & dosen't move at all when hitting down on the ball. Also easy to pick off with hybrids & woods. Gonna now at least enjoy the remainder of the winter season..... it's just a case of how long it will be :rolleyes::rolleyes:

beggsy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We use mats at our place an I cut these for the lads off some spare fake grass I had

Attachments

• 74D122D0-69D0-4DC9-8832-FD877DA65AE8.jpeg
    74D122D0-69D0-4DC9-8832-FD877DA65AE8.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 3
  • E77FEB01-7371-4BE9-B990-B495A4908CAA.jpeg
    E77FEB01-7371-4BE9-B990-B495A4908CAA.jpeg
    222.2 KB · Views: 3

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Now I've tested it this is defo the one for me. Once pressed into the ground its just above level & dosen't move at all when hitting down on the ball. Also easy to pick off with hybrids & woods. Gonna now at least enjoy the remainder of the winter season..... it's just a case of how long it will be :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Is the picture of the deep pile one ? mine is low pile and yes i think it's the best as well

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is the picture of the deep pile one ? mine is low pile and yes i think it's the best as well
Yes I've gone for the deeper pile.... it's back out with me tomorrow.... working well
Biggest issue is controlling the disappointment when the fairway is missed :oops::oops:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes I've gone for the deeper pile.... it's back out with me tomorrow.... working well
Biggest issue is controlling the disappointment when the fairway is missed :oops::oops:
Yes I have gone from fairway avoidance to I want to hit it off the spurk the disappointment is dreadful

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Spurk strike may users: how do you attach it to your bag using the toggle provided? The picture is very small on the instructions, can't make it out.
I rethreaded it through the hole at the end & attach to bag with small karabiner.I agree, method demo'd is not very secure.