Travelling abroad

welshjim22

Head Pro
Visit site
Later this year i will be taking a long haul flight to the states. I will be travelling with BA who take golf clubs for free and using a Callaway travel bag to put by golf bag inside, it has some padding at the top but isn't a hard case. Has anyone got any tips or advice about how best to pack and protect the clubs. I am particualry worried about my driver as it is the longest and therefore stocking out the golf bag the most.

Vincent

Club Champion
Visit site
I had a hard travel bag and some baggage handler cleverly decided to break the handle, so even they aren't the total solution.
I now have a soft (but padded) travel bag and I put a broom handle in the bag, cut to a length just longer than the driver. This at least resticts any damage if the handlers decide to drop it on its head!

wilf_74

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I use the Mizuno Tour Traveller, its excellent, highly recommended, Just pack a small carry/pencil bag and pack all your clothes around your clubs. (you can fit 2 pencil bags in the mizuno bag-good for weekends away) Also stay clear of cheap bags, my friend got a cheap Golden bear-Jack nicklaus from AG and the wheels fell off testing it in his kitchen!!.

Expensive investment but can be used for years, also the smaller ones mean you need to take club bag and suitcase on short trips.

J.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I use the Mizuno Tour Traveller, its excellent, highly recommended, Just pack a small carry/pencil bag and pack all your clothes around your clubs. (you can fit 2 pencil bags in the mizuno bag-good for weekends away) Also stay clear of cheap bags, my friend got a cheap Golden bear-Jack nicklaus from AG and the wheels fell off testing it in his kitchen!!.

Expensive investment but can be used for years, also the smaller ones mean you need to take club bag and suitcase on short trips.

J.

Yeah I am thinking of the one below the tour Mizuno bag, its about a tenner diference but still expensive, I have been casting my eye on this Srixon one below, what do you think?

http://www.snaintongolf.co.uk/product.php?source=base&xProd=967

wilf_74

Assistant Pro
Visit site

J.

Yeah I am thinking of the one below the tour Mizuno bag, its about a tenner diference but still expensive, I have been casting my eye on this Srixon one below, what do you think?

http://www.snaintongolf.co.uk/product.php?source=base&xProd=967

Its hard to tell from the pics, but normally Srixon are reliable for quality. I think most decent brand names would make decent bags, looks like it has decent space for clothes, shoes etc. I am off to the London Golf show at excel, should be some bargains available, inc travel bags?! You can get tickets on ebay for couple quid. Loads other cool stuff there to.

www.londongolfshow.com

J. ;)

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
I got one of these from Direct Golf prior to my holiday last year.
3077.jpg

Not expensive, you can pull it along on its wheels (much easier than carrying it)
It's massive and holds 2 sets easily. Plus there's still room for your shoes and your clothes that won't fit in the suitcase because the wife has taken up all the room!!!

Used it last year and incurred no club damage whatsoever, and I saw the rough arsed baggage handlers at Faro airport too! :mad:

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
We packed various waterproofs , jumpers, etc etc round top of clubs inside normal carry bags inside soft travel bags and travelled half way round the worls with no problems