Travel bag

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18121

Hi all

Am due to take my clubs to Florida in July for 3 weeks and Majorca in August for 4 days so need to get myself a travel bag. I'm only going to pack it with my stand bag and as the only wood I use is my driver will remove the head before travel.

Does anyone think there is a massive difference between a cheap and expensive bag? Or is it more about how you pack?

I'm all ears.....

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Pack it well and a cheap one will do but a cheap one is more likely to get burst by baggage handlers due to poorer stitching and quality.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I went to Portugal for the first time last year with the clubs and borrowed a cheaper travel bag. Packed it well and wrapped towels round all the heads and I had no issues at all.

I saw one bag come off the baggage carousel with a big rip down it. Not sure if anything was damaged or how it happened mind.

This year I was bought a good Titleist one but will be packing it in exactly the same way for my trip to Portugal.

D

Deleted Member 1156

If you are planning regular trips then it is worth buying a decent case, I've had several over the years and bought a hard case last year and wish I'd done so years ago. If you aren't planning to travel very often then buy a cheaper one.

D

Deleted member 18121

I've got one you are welcome to borrow if you wish - it falls into the good soft case category.

That's very kind Duncan, although just my luck it would be damaged when I used it! Let me do a bit a research and I'll let you know 👍

jordan1987

Visit site
Hi all

Am due to take my clubs to Florida in July for 3 weeks and Majorca in August for 4 days so need to get myself a travel bag. I'm only going to pack it with my stand bag and as the only wood I use is my driver will remove the head before travel.

Does anyone think there is a massive difference between a cheap and expensive bag? Or is it more about how you pack?

I'm all ears.....

We only had cheap ones so I wouldn't waste to much money on a good one. Its surprising what you can get in the travel bag, we even added our golfing clothes rolled up in the bag. Saves plenty of space in your suitcase so you can stock up on the Ralph Lauren polo tops in the malls (y).

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Saves plenty of space in your suitcase so you can stock up on the Ralph Lauren polo tops in the malls (y).
The problem then is that you buy genuine but get back to the UK and people presume they are all fake :unsure:. Has any brand been counterfeited more than Ralph? (great point though. I love a bit of outlet shopping in Florida. If the exchange rate is in your favour then you can fill your boots big time)