Trainer style golf shoes? Thoughts

Yay or Nay

• Total voters

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
Afternoon guys,

Long time no see for me. As you can see from the bio its been a while since I've been round here as I'm now 23 but I've recently found the time and having finished uni and all its distractions i have been able to fall back in love with golf. (If someone can tell me how to edit it please do as I am pressing the edit in the 'my profile' tab but am having no joy updating it!

Ive been back playing a couple of months and am still getting back into the groove but obviously the attraction of shiny new things is just calling my name. I currently have some tour360s which I really like but they are getting a bit worn. What are peoples thoughts on the new trainer style shoes coming through? I really like these : https://www.directgolf.co.uk/adidas-samba-mens-golf-shoes-283033

However, they are very close to the line and being the newbie again I don't want to risk upsetting people and attracting all the attention! I think they are really smart and at the minute they are my next purchase but it would be nice to get some wise peoples thoughts and opinions?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
No one gives a stuff anymore what you wear, as long as it is golf kit. You can't wear trainers, but shoes that look exactly like trainers are fine. Wear what you like!

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You can’t really tell the difference anymore between some trainers and golf shoes

Why should it matter in the dry conditions anyway. Less barriers to entry the better

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Afternoon guys,

Long time no see for me. As you can see from the bio its been a while since I've been round here as I'm now 23 but I've recently found the time and having finished uni and all its distractions i have been able to fall back in love with golf. (If someone can tell me how to edit it please do as I am pressing the edit in the 'my profile' tab but am having no joy updating it!

Ive been back playing a couple of months and am still getting back into the groove but obviously the attraction of shiny new things is just calling my name. I currently have some tour360s which I really like but they are getting a bit worn. What are peoples thoughts on the new trainer style shoes coming through? I really like these : https://www.directgolf.co.uk/adidas-samba-mens-golf-shoes-283033

However, they are very close to the line and being the newbie again I don't want to risk upsetting people and attracting all the attention! I think they are really smart and at the minute they are my next purchase but it would be nice to get some wise peoples thoughts and opinions?

If people get upset over the style of golf shoe someone wears then it's kind of their problem, not yours. Just wear what golf shoe you want so you enjoy yourself, it is supposed to be a fun pass time.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not fussed either way. They manufacturers seem to be focusing on the trainer style of shoe these days and the more traditional style seems to be less en vogue. I have both styles and as long as they are comfy on my feet that's all I worry about.

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I don't see them in my size and generally, they are a light colour, which means they need more effort to keep them clean. That is fine in the height of summer but get a damp conditions and they don't look so good.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
If I'm wearing shorts it's got to be the trainer style golf shoes (shorts and black shoes are a definite no from me) trying to make my clown feet look smaller!!

Pommy

Visit site
I bought the exact same Adidas samba golf shoes a few weeks ago. I’ve now played 4 different courses and nobody has mentioned me wearing them. The only problem I have with them, they are quite a thin fit, I found for the first couple of trips out, they were tight and rubbed causing blisters.