Trackman - What stats should I look for.

sambora666

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi,

Going to The Belfry at the end on the month for a driver fitting. Been working hard on this side of my game and I am now hitting the driver quite well hence the fitting to replace my TM R5. It might prove that my current driver is fine for me.

Questions is what are the figures I should be looking for on trackman, ie smash, spin etc.

I had a hit of he Callaway Razar hawk earlier and quite impressed with it, more accurate then the R11.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
The bloke fitting you should give you all the info you need about the optimum figures.

Launch angle, ball spin, swing speed and club head speed I think are the ones you're going to be most concerned with...with launch angle and ball spin being most important.

You need (want) optimum launch angle and spin to maximise the distance on your drives.

I'm pretty sure I'm remembering that right!

sambora666

Club Champion
Visit site
Oh yeah remember seeing the trackman article now you say that will dig it out.

I am sure they will tell me all the things I need to hear re stats but I would like to know before hand what I should be aiming for interms of figures.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Ask the guy. Make him explain it as you're paying for the service and then see how his recommendations fare with your current driver. Remember although its nice to try and buy shiny stuff you aren't under any obligation

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
It will also give the distance hit and show the shape of the shot. You can get the dispersement figures for each club too and a host of other stuff, it really is a brilliant bit of kit

Chris

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
From what I remember of mine, the fitter said we wanted launch angle of 14° and spin around 2,500rpm.
I don't know if that's optimum for everybody or whether it varies depending on individual swings.

Smash factor is excellent at 1.5 but anything 1.4 and over is ok.