Tour bags

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Anyone got any views on what the best cart bag is for holding up to the rain?

My current powakaddy bag has had2 soakings this week and both times everything in the bag got soaked to. I know you can get those protective covers but I'm not wanting that.

I'm looking for a bag that doesn't absorb the rain and know that Powakaddy have brought out new pvc bags but I quite fancy a tour bag. The shops don't really stock a great selection of these so it's really net shopping but it's hard to gauge how they are made.

Has anyone got any tour bag recommendations or advice of any to avoid?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I used to have a Titleist tour bag, but like all Titleist bags was as water proof as a tea bag.

The issue with a vinyl bag is the seams. They aren't sealed, so although it looks more water proof, it isn't.

I know you don't like covers, but they are pretty much the only way to keep things dry.

Tour bags don't really sit well on trolleys, as the pockets get covered up. Try one before you buy it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It is the same with most bags though apart from the Sun Mountain H2O carry bag. The water usually comes in through the seams and so it doesn't matter what trolly bag you use the problem will remain. I have a GK umbrella holder and use that in the wet to keep the majority of the rain off my bag and help keep a towel and glove dry too

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thanks for the comments - stuff to ponder...

I'm going to visit a few places over the weekend where I'll hopefully get a look at a variety of bags.

I don't expect it to be totally waterproof just as long as it doesn't absorb it like the current one.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
The sun mountain h2no cart has good.reviews, I am thinking of buying one as my c130 is hard to get a cover for. The one thing I have heard about the h2no is to take your clubs out after the round as condensation gets in the bag, other than that its 100% waterproof.