Tour bags that fit on trolleys.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been toying with the idea of getting a tour bag or a decent cart bag for my powakaddy twinline trolley but not sure which one to go for or which ones fit on the trolley.

I've seen people with tour bags on trolleys with them the correct way round but other people have had to turn them sideways to get them to fit. Is there a certain size that will fit or something?

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
The issue with tour bags on trolleys is not size but accessing the pockets.
If you are buying a bag to suit I would personally suggest a cart bag the deluxe/pro series top range bags are as big as your bags but designed so you can access all areas whilst the bag is strapped to the trolley.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
^^^^ What Rich said. Cart bags = designed to be used on a trolley/cart. Tour bags = designed to be carried by someone else.
Like buying a roof rack for your car and trying to put it on a boat.

Also as pointed out, as much storage in a cart bag prety much as any tour bag.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a addidas cart bag but it's not the most waterproof of bags.

I like the look of the powakaddy deluxe cart bag as it seems to be a lot more waterproof.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a addidas cart bag but it's not the most waterproof of bags.

I like the look of the powakaddy deluxe cart bag as it seems to be a lot more waterproof.

I spent a lot of time looking around cart bags last year and most aren't really waterproof, the powacaddy deluxe is a great bag and one that with the PVC material seems waterproof.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I use to use a TM tour bag but had to turn it on its side to access the pockets. I bought an R11 cart bag and it is designed to sit on a trolley and has plenty of pockets but isn't great in the rain so I have invested in a motocaddy bag as well which is much more water repellant and also sits on a trolley perfectly

idTommo

Club Champion
Visit site
Cleveland tour bag, fits my powakaddy perfectly and faces the right way aswell, oh and it looks good aswell, shame i cant say that about my golf

Largsgolf1974

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I bought a tour bag because I play all year round, being on the west coast of Scotland I really wanted something that could keep everything dry and that would carry a lot of kit.

I have the Wilson staff tour bag and it fits on my push trolley great, it also fits well onto all electric trolleys.

It's actually the best bit of extra kit I've bought.

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
I have the new model Titleist Tour Bag. Much more room in the pockets on it than any cartbag and waterproof as well, which most cart bags are not as many are canvas these days. Sits properly on my Motocaddy though blocks access to 1 pocket which is actually no problem as its the one I keep my waterproof trousers and my shoes in, to keep all gear together. If it looks like rain I will have the trousers on and shoes are on anyways. So is empty going round course.

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had a ping si3 tour bag on a trolley and it worked brilliantly, other than the sheer weight almost brought the trolley to its knees.

I'd look into cart bags as you can get some with huge amounts of storage and which can only sit one way on the trolley

SharkAttack

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just get the cart bag you like and buy the Powakaddy rain cover, simples!!!!!

The Powakaddy Premium bag is a vinyl bag so should keep out the worst of the weather, before you need a rain cover.

Shark

big_matt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Wanted to bring this thread back as im also interested in buying a tour bag for a trolley for no other reason than i like the look and build of them more than the current trolley bags ive seen.

Anyone else using a tour bag on a trolley? Thoughts?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Wanted to bring this thread back as im also interested in buying a tour bag for a trolley for no other reason than i like the look and build of them more than the current trolley bags ive seen.

Anyone else using a tour bag on a trolley? Thoughts?
here are the two tour bags i use on the Motocaddy, both no issues, now have a Powercaddy 5 and that its even better
IMG_0570.JPGjpx bag.jpg