Top range yellow balls!!

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Interesting.

Might have to give them a go. Not sure the local pro will be getting them in though!!

Always nice to have some nice kit thats a bit different.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I disagree. I use to prefer orange or yellow balls in the winter especially on a frosty morning and back in the 80's people like Titleist use to offer their top end balls in those colours. It seemed to dwindle out and so if you wanted to use something easily seen you were left with a rock like a pinnacle. I applaud the move to reintroduce it in a top end ball

WhoGivesA

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Dont you think its funny that it states:-

The Z-STARâ„¢ and Z-STARâ„¢ X Tour Yellow golf balls will begin shipping to retailers on April 1, 2010 and will carry a price of $39.99.

Is this an early preparation for APRIL FOOLS DAY :D :D :D :D

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
"Science has proven that yellow is the most visible color in the visual spectrum and psychology has correlated green with calming and stress relief; therefore Srixon has combined the two colors based on these findings to tap into the player's mind"

Still if that load of hogwash sells a few sleeves, it will have done it's job.
What a load of cobblers

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I don't have a personal preference, I did use yellow, orange and any mix of Ping I found in years gone by. After a 10 year layoff, was surprised that they were more or less extinct now, and am quite happy using white balls myself. But what the hell, if someone wants to use a coloured ball, regardless of their handicap, that's fine by me, I'm not good enough to have reached that echelon of golf snobbishness :p

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Interesting. Certainly whenever I see a yellow ball in the rough I don't even consider looking at it as it's invariably a rock!

It may just be me but the yellow coating even seems to make the z-star look about as reactive as a spherical stone.

It would certainly take some getting used to, but if I do end up coming across one I'm sure I'll use it.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
On the subject of coloured balls. Didn'y someone bring a ball out that looked like a football with blue or black coloured hexagons on it?
There was also a black ball that came out a short while ago, I can't remember the sales speak but they didn't take off either