Top Gear

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Cant think of the Nurburgring without thinking of Sabine going round it in a van! Amazing woman, sorry to see she lost a battle with cancer.

Rest in peace Sabine.

D

Deleted member 17920

That is so very sad.

Not only a great driver, but really sunny personality. Her drive round the Ring in the transit was one of the most memorable Top Gear shows.
Totally agree, not only a great driver she came across on screen as a lovely person.

RIP Sabine

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Oh that's awful. She was a lovely person, an ex-colleague got to work with her a number of years ago and I was very envious. She was brilliant. :(

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This Sunday's episode of Top Gear will be dedicated to Schmitz, with Clare Pizey, executive producer, saying: "Sabine was a beloved member of the Top Gear family and presenting team since 2016, having first appeared on the show in 2004, and everyone who had the pleasure of working with her on the team is in shock at this news.

NearHull

Visit site
This Sunday's episode of Top Gear will be dedicated to Schmitz, with Clare Pizey, executive producer, saying: "Sabine was a beloved member of the Top Gear family and presenting team since 2016, having first appeared on the show in 2004, and everyone who had the pleasure of working with her on the team is in shock at this news.
Thank you for that information, I haven’t watched the programme for years, but I’ll most certainly be watching the tribute.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thank you for that information, I haven’t watched the programme for years, but I’ll most certainly be watching the tribute.
The BBC said it will be dedicated to Sabine, not that it will be a tribute. Dedicated probably means a mention at the end of the programme and not a (deserved) 10 minute slot in the main part. After all, the episode has already been recorded so what can they squeeze in

NearHull

Visit site
The BBC said it will be dedicated to Sabine, not that it will be a tribute. Dedicated probably means a mention at the end of the programme and not a (deserved) 10 minute slot in the main part. After all, the episode has already been recorded so what can they squeeze in

thank you, I’ll probably not watch it then. Hopefully BBC will put together a tribute programme in the near future.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site

Had to watch this again after waiting a few days - was so hoping she would break 10 mins when I first watched it!

Probably my favourite German to watch on TV ever - sorry Bernhard!

Crazy and lovable!

Just found this. :)

Last edited:

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bit annoyed with tonights episode. I appreciate it was already made before Sabine's death, but there was easily 10 minutes of flab that could have been cut out at short notice to do a proper tribute to her.
Perhaps they will do that next week.