Top Gear

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I grew up with Clarkson, Hammond and May on TG. I can see why Clarkson got sacked, but I can't stand the show anymore.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I would get rid of Paddy (or make him tone it down a bit) and bring in Vicki Butler-Henderson to do the car review/blasting round the track bits.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I grew up with Clarkson, Hammond and May on TG. I can see why Clarkson got sacked, but I can't stand the show anymore.

Clarkson put me right off it so I havn't watched one in years.
Might give the new one a shot especially as the good lady made a positive comment whilst watching a trailer. [most surprisingly :unsure:]

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I would get rid of Paddy (or make him tone it down a bit) and bring in Vicki Butler-Henderson to do the car review/blasting round the track bits.
Agree with you regarding Paddy, but Chris Harris has decent racing history. Don’t think he would be allowed to drive some of the historic race cars if he didn’t.

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s an entertainment program at the end of the day as opposed to a car information program - it’s popular because people enjoy watching people have a laugh in cars

Henderson is currently doing 5th Gear on a random Sky channel - it’s there because only the real car enthusiasts want to watch car reviews which are just about the car etc.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just seen that Sabine Schmitz has died of cancer aged 51. Always enjoyed seeing her on Top Gear, especially taking the transit van around the Nurburgring.

I always liked her when she was on the show, sadly another taken to soon.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I haven't been a regular watcher since the William Woollard days :)

Since then it's been very much something that I could take or leave and haven't really watched at all for maybe 10yrs. But if you like cars and 'lads having a laugh' humour I guess it might press a load of buttons (from the trailers I've seen)