TM Spider Tour Putter

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
was up chatting to my mate who has a pro shop at the driving range and while there had a go with this funny looking red thing that to be frank wouldn't be out of place as a space ship in a Star Trek episode. Sank every single put with it, went out on the courses putting green and again sank everything with it. then had a few long puts off the 18th green at his insistence... again sank 2 out of 3 and the 3rd was stone dead.

Taking it for a game this weekend.. anyone else tried on of these?

I like a blade putter myself and am not a bad putter, but have the odd day when i can get a bit pully. Found this thing was impossible to do that with even after trying to with it!!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
was up chatting to my mate who has a pro shop at the driving range and while there had a go with this funny looking red thing that to be frank wouldn't be out of place as a space ship in a Star Trek episode. Sank every single put with it, went out on the courses putting green and again sank everything with it. then had a few long puts off the 18th green at his insistence... again sank 2 out of 3 and the 3rd was stone dead.

Taking it for a game this weekend.. anyone else tried on of these?

I like a blade putter myself and am not a bad putter, but have the odd day when i can get a bit pully. Found this thing was impossible to do that with even after trying to with it!!
I have the double bend one .
Its really nice on quick greens but you have to hit it really hard on slower ones.
best putter I have owned.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
I've got the titanium one, struggled with long putts, was thinking of selling it but gonna keep it, scotty is behaving at the moment so will stick with him for now.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My pal had one, but moved on.

One thing was that the paint chipped really easily around the short neck. I'd say the red Odyssey have a better quality finish.

Also, are these still so expensive (~£260)? A similar (better?) Odyssey is £100 less.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have one, excellent job, made me rest my black series 2 ball about 4 months back and I loved it, but the roll on the spider for me is tremendous.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I bought one (red) from AG about 4 months back and really like it. It puts a really nice roll on the ball for me and feels good through impact

It was £249, I traded my Futura x5 in that I paid £100 for and got £168, they price matched it and I paid £61 for it.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
For those that have struggled on longer putts you might find swapping out the weights for a slightly heavier set will help.

Weights can be picked up on eBay quite cheap, for a huge variety of sizes.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I switched to the Spider Mini a few months back and really like it. It puts a similar roll on the ball as it’s big brother but isn’t as big and fugly behind the ball.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
played 18 holes with it today at Tain. its very easy to putt with and gives a fantastic role on the ball. holed all the 5 and 6 footers and a couple of longer putts.

its impossible to not put a good stroke on it with one of these, admittedly its pretty Fugley and will take some getting used to looks wise from the blade putter ive used for the last few years, but i think i'm going to have to buy it TBH. So easy to square its almost like cheating.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
played 18 holes with it today at Tain. its very easy to putt with and gives a fantastic role on the ball. holed all the 5 and 6 footers and a couple of longer putts.

its impossible to not put a good stroke on it with one of these, admittedly its pretty Fugley and will take some getting used to looks wise from the blade putter ive used for the last few years, but i think i'm going to have to buy it TBH. So easy to square its almost like cheating.

Is it the one with the sight line across the top? Or the plain one?!?

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
I got the black spider tour with the line I tried them all in my local golf store spent about an hour and the Black felt bang on to me It sits between the red and platinum for softness on the face which felt perfect to me.Its taken me a good few months to really get used to it as I also played a blade style putter for a good few years but nothing beats the roll you get on the spider and When i do miss with it it’s my alignment and not the putter put a good stroke on it and the putt sinks it’s point and aim love mine.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I had the original mini spider when it came out and loved it but never thought it would go onto to have so m any incarnations and be as popular as it is now. Great putter and arguably the most stable model I have owned

Trojan615

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve got the red one without the line, rolls great but funnily enough the black and red have different grips. Changed the grip over to a super stroke flat so one and loved it... unfortunately I found I’m more consistent with the blade putter. Odyssey back in the bag !

If anyone wants to make an offer on the red tour dm me ....

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had used a Ping Sedona (simple blade no line) for 19 years and had putted pretty well. I have a mate who bought an original Spider Ghost S about 4 years ago (he's bought three new and different models since :smirk:) I remember taking the rise out of him about how it looked more like a Klingon Battle Cruiser than a golf club and how I would never use such a stupid looking piece of kit.

Little did I know I'd swap it off him for a case of wine on a whim this May and now I would not be without it.

It's white and has a line and I'm thinking about asking it to marry me. Handicap is 2.3 lower since I got it and I am currently holing far more from 6-8 feet than I used to.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

That's the spirit. Think you could putt even better using the aimpoint technique???