TM M1 3 woods

Grumps

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hi everyone. I’ve not posted on here for about a year or so but I’m currently sidelined with an ankle injury so thro boredom I’m thinking about getting a M1 3 wood , however have noticed there are 2 diff versions is it just 2016/2017 models ? And is there much difference between them ,

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's all about the adjustability.

The 2016 model gives you more options. Not only can you set it for draw/fade you can also set it for different levels of forgiveness. Look at photos of the underside in the reviews.

The 2017 model has moved the adjuster and added a speed pocket.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure if it helps but I found the stock Regular shaft quite light/whippy. Certainly a "try-before-you-buy" club imo.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure if it helps but I found the stock Regular shaft quite light/whippy. Certainly a "try-before-you-buy" club imo.

On which? I believe they also made changes to the standard shaft range between the 2 models (increased weight to rebance the head changes) for both M1 and M2

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

The nicety of any modern club is the ease with which you can change the shaft. The Fujikura mine came with quickly got swapped for an Aldila NV 65 (spine aligned for a neutral setting). The Fuji I found tended to flex inwards too much for me resulting in a lot of off the toe hits. I bought mine secondhand and looking at the wear on the head the guy before me must have had the same problem.