Tm Gapr mid / ping crossover

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thinking about ditching my hybrid just not getting on with it. Just wondering has anyone got either of these clubs and how do you find them? I’m comfortable hitting my long irons so thought I’d go for one of these instead on the hybrid I currently use. I’ll mainly use it off the tee but also for 2nd shot par 5s

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would have thought hybrids would be easier to hit?

I couldn’t hit my hybrid for years, caused by coming from 7* on the inside. Now I’m 4* or less I can hit them no problem.

Get a lesson instead.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a Ping G400 crossover, 3 iron version in stiff. It is a nice club, with good flight and roll off the tee.
However since the second cut has got really lush I have swapped it back out for a hybrid just because it works better when not on the fairway or very first cut. It will go back in the bag very soon though
It definately suits my eye better than a hybrid, and is very easy to hit.

Last edited:

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've got a Mizuno Fli Hi. Ditched the Hybrid to put the longer iron in play and enjoying using it so far. Flies like a rocket when you catch it and isn't too unforgiving, even for a mid handicapper like myself. Would definitely recommend!

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I would have thought hybrids would be easier to hit?

I couldn’t hit my hybrid for years, caused by coming from 7* on the inside. Now I’m 4* or less I can hit them no problem.

Get a lesson instead.
I just can’t get on with it for some reason I’d rather try and knock down my wood but don’t enjoy trying to pat that or muscle a 4i/5i the distance.
It’s purely a mind thing as when it goes it is a rocket but when it’s in my hand I’m always wondering is this going left.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
G400 is better than a hybrid for me.
I just can’t hit hybrids with any consistency.
It’s a swing thing I find it hard to hit down with a “wood”

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I cant hit hybrids so at the moment I have a 19degree 5 wood in the bag but now that I've sold my mizzy blades I think I will use that money and order the Srixon Zu85

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
G400 is better than a hybrid for me.
I just can’t hit hybrids with any consistency.
It’s a swing thing I find it hard to hit down with a “wood”

Likewise I can't get along with hybrids either, a club I want to like and use but just not for me. The Ping G400 Crossover is a fantastic bit of kit. I actually think it looks easier to hit than a hybrid when its behind the ball. Inspires confidence.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I have a #4 hybrid for hacking out of semi and for the odd one into a green requiring a higher ball flight. I also have the Titliest 71something T-MB 3&4 iron - the one with the black bits on the heel and toe.

The Titliests are beasts, especially the 3 iron. It goes so far it has its own passport.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Likewise I can't get along with hybrids either, a club I want to like and use but just not for me. The Ping G400 Crossover is a fantastic bit of kit. I actually think it looks easier to hit than a hybrid when its behind the ball. Inspires confidence.
They are better out of the rough where the cross is a gamble.
But I usually take my medicine and 6/7 iron takes double off the card.