Titleist pro v1x alternative

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What's the difference between the RZN tour black and the RZN black?

I could be wrong, but I think the ones with TOUR in the name are 2016, and without are 2015. You'll be able to tell by the price.

Whilst technically speaking the black should be closer to the ProV1x, it's worth noting that Rory is using the Platinum this year whereas I think he used the black previously.

My usual ball is ProV1x. I've used both Nike balls and prefer the platinum, although there's nothing wrong with the black.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I've just started playing a Pro v1x - normally play a variety - mainly Pro v1 and Chrome Soft.

Is it my imagination or do the Pro v1xs fly straighter and higher i.e. are they less 'spinny' or something. May actually just be that I'm hitting the ball differently and better - or could it actually be the ball?

Wilf

Club Champion
Visit site
I've just started playing a Pro v1x - normally play a variety - mainly Pro v1 and Chrome Soft.

Is it my imagination or do the Pro v1xs fly straighter and higher i.e. are they less 'spinny' or something. May actually just be that I'm hitting the ball differently and better - or could it actually be the ball?

I had a ball fitting at a Titleist Thursday. From the results which backed up what the Titleist expert said the V1 has a flatter ball flight which is particularly noticeable with the driver. The X generated more spin and a high ball flight with all clubs. We spent quite a lot of time around the greens and the X definitely had more grab for me. For my swing characteristics I found the 1 to be longer than the X by 5 ish yards in carry even though it had a flatter lower flight. For me around the green X was better. V1 is softer, X is still soft just 1 slightly softer.

Interestingly when talking about golf balls in general, I was using the Chrome Soft at the time, the Titleist guys likened its performance more to their NXT range rather than the ProV in terms of what the ball the average punter can buy and were quite scathing of the build and quality control of them.

The main reason I switched away from pro V was the price but have managed to get enough consistency into my game to not lose as many golf balls anymore so I can just about justify the cost again particularly as I split the cost of the loyalty offer with one of my mates 2 boxes each which brought the price per box down to Chrome Soft range.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Recently bought some of the Vice Pro plus to try and am hugely impressed with them. Perform as good as Pro V and, imo of course, feel even nicer of the putter. I'll be sticking with them for the foreseeable, no brainier at half the price per dozen :thup:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I had a ball fitting at a Titleist Thursday. From the results which backed up what the Titleist expert said the V1 has a flatter ball flight which is particularly noticeable with the driver. The X generated more spin and a high ball flight with all clubs. We spent quite a lot of time around the greens and the X definitely had more grab for me. For my swing characteristics I found the 1 to be longer than the X by 5 ish yards in carry even though it had a flatter lower flight. For me around the green X was better. V1 is softer, X is still soft just 1 slightly softer.

Interestingly when talking about golf balls in general, I was using the Chrome Soft at the time, the Titleist guys likened its performance more to their NXT range rather than the ProV in terms of what the ball the average punter can buy and were quite scathing of the build and quality control of them.

The main reason I switched away from pro V was the price but have managed to get enough consistency into my game to not lose as many golf balls anymore so I can just about justify the cost again particularly as I split the cost of the loyalty offer with one of my mates 2 boxes each which brought the price per box down to Chrome Soft range.

Here are you saying that they were saying that the Chrome Soft was like the NXT range and it was the CS they were scathing about.

Wilf

Club Champion
Visit site
Here are you saying that they were saying that the Chrome Soft was like the NXT range and it was the CS they were scathing about.

Sorry yes, if you going to compare apples to apples they would compare the CS to NXT not Pro V and said the CS was inferior, bad quality control of the balls (Cores not centred etc) so no two balls behave the same.

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
played with a low handicapper recently who had been given a pack of Vice Pro Plus. He normally plays Pro V1x and felt that the Vice were a great match for them. I tried one and have to agree!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bridgestone 330 RXS while you can still get them is my choice. Doesn't seem to be much love on here for the Srixon Z Star XV which they marketed as their equivalent
I play 330 RXS as my main ball and would not consider it similar to V1x
The 330RX would be closer