Titleist 915, Ping G30 or Callaway X2 hot drivers

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well I wanted the new G30 but also quite liked my mates 915. So went to a local fitter as wanted to have a shoot out between the 2. Walked out ordering the 915. The shafts in the G30 did nothing for me.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Impossible to answer. Do you want order of forgiveness? Order of distance? Order of looks?

Also, shaft type and loft will change the characteristics of the individual club.

I much prefer my G25 to my 910 d3, is all I can tell you. Oh, but I hated the xhot!

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I went into the shop to buy a 915, ended up walking out with an r15. It was immense. I am about as far from a TM fan as you'll find and I desperately wanted to love the titleist, but the tm was amazing. Played 3 rounds with it and the performance on course has ratified the decision.

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
They are all drivers. They are all good. They will all work for you. There will be little between any of them.

THE END.

D

Deleted member 15344

None of them :D

Taylor Made R15
Taylor Made Aero Burner :thup:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Lots of good drivers on the market including TM and Nike and even the manufacturers in the OP have other models that may or may not suit. Simple answer is try as many as you can before you buy and never go in with any pre-conceived ideas (same with buying any clubs really)

markyjee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Over the past 3/4 weeks I have tried the 915d2, r15, nike vapor and today the g30, hit all of them pretty well but not noticeably any better than my 910d2.
Will try them again using the launch monitor with the club pro, alter settings and shaft combinations to see if any worthwhile improvement can be found.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've had titleist 910 and 913 and now on the G30 and its superb and if I'm honest both Titleist drivers were good too the difference is the G30 is longer and more forgiving on off centre strikes