Tiger Woods 08

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi guys, I have to take two weeks off golf due to my arthritis playing up.

I have Tiger Woods 07 on playstation and was woundering is 08 a worthwhile investment to keep my hands and mind active over the 14 days, 336 hours aaaaaahhhhhhh im going to go crazy!!!

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
couldn't agree more parmo, I have 07 on xbox 360 and downloaded the demo of 08, and to be honest it is a lot more difficult and less fun, although arguably more realistic. There is no point in buying 08 in my opinion when there are only a few new features, and only marginally better graphics.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Depends on what system you use. 08 has a load of features that were missing on the 07 version on the Xbox 360 and PS3 but is little improvement on the PS2 version. I have a 360 so was an essential purchase but would have thought twice if I had a PS2

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
It may be sad but the ability to put your face onto your golfer using teh 360 camera is superb.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a PS2, did think about buying a PS3 but cant justify the cost for the amount I play it.

Any other golf games to try?

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
get a 360, well worth the money even for occasional use. Other golf games... Wii sports golf, (obv you'd need a Wii) loadsa fun, ever get the chance to play it, do it. Other than that, is there any other golf games out for the 360 or ps?

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Try find Jack Nicklaus Golden Bear Challenge for the PC. That is the best golf game I've ever played and the number of courses available to download (for free) is amazing. You can even design and play your own course.

Some fans have recreated some of the best courses in the world - obviously some better than others. It's hard to get your hands on a copy nowadays as its no longer in production but well worth looking into.

Tiger Woods 08 - I play XBox 360 and Wii versions - I don't notice much difference in the 07/08. The putting as well as putting draw/fade on shots is alot more difficult in 08. I can't comment for PS2 but unless you've completed everything in 07 I don't think your missing much by not having 08.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
This finally came up!!!

I have been playing (secretly, as I'm over 16 y.o.) TW06 on my desktop......wouldn't work on this laptop. I completely loved it, and basicaly finished the game.

I don't play on the PS2, but saw TW07 for PS2 and bought it and threw the kids off the console!!!

I was completely depressed, cartoon graphics, some analogue swing stick nonsense, nothing like as good as the PC version.

NOW, the famille want to get a new console.....wii, ps3, x-box, but I don't know which one to get, cause I would actually like one for a golf game.

Can anyone recommend a console and golf game......prefer it to have the realistic graphics of PC TW????

Dave

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have to admit to being totally sad and actually own a PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii. My recommendation would be an Xbox 360 and Tiger Woods 2008

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can you do a simple click sort of swing on xbox TW08? or does it feature the analogue stick effort as per PS2?

Had any prob's with x-box?

Many folks are steering me towards PS3, because (as well as golf) I'd be keen to try the new Gran Turismo on my new LCD TV.

Spear

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi

I am a new user, been reading the forum for a couple of weeks now and I think its cracking. Regarding TW08 for PS2, I have a copy you can have (yes have, and its not copied!). I never play it now I have it on pc and its only collecting dust.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
realgolferuk, for tiger woods 08 on the xbox 360 you certainly can control your swing by pressing a button, its called a 3 click system or something. You simply choose this over the analogue swing option. (the click swing is definitely easier ;))