Thoughts on Stockport and Heswall?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I'm playing at Hillside in June and heading South(ish) thereafter, so looking for a game on Monday 6th June...

I see there are Senior 4BBB Opens at both Heswall and Stockport on the Monday, so would appreciate your views on relative merits on quality of the courses. (Don't worry about the geography, I know where they are! :) )

Thoughts appreciated.. and of someone of suitable advanced age also fancies playing in either, let me know!

The Lion

Visit site
I’d grab a beer with you if you come to Wirral!

I’ve not played either, but both are on my list, so come recommended ?

I aim to play Heswall in the near future, so can hopefully give you a report then…

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm playing at Hillside in June and heading South(ish) thereafter, so looking for a game on Monday 6th June...

I see there are Senior 4BBB Opens at both Heswall and Stockport on the Monday, so would appreciate your views on relative merits on quality of the courses. (Don't worry about the geography, I know where they are! :) )

Thoughts appreciated.. and of someone of suitable advanced age also fancies playing in either, let me know!

Not south, but as you are in the area, there is a 4BBB at Hesketh on 6th June that we have booked in to.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've walked past Heswall plenty of times as the in-laws live just down the road..(and I'm there now)
It looks a reasonable course, nowt special but decent.
I think the AverageGolfer on YouTube was based there for a while so some of his earlier videos may give you a hint.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Stockport is a great track.... miles better than Heswall....
I love the layout.... would join in a heartbeat if I lived closer....

Brammall Mac

Visit site
Stockport is a great track.... miles better than Heswall....
I love the layout.... would join in a heartbeat if I lived closer....
Agreed. Played them both, Stockport many times and it’s a terrific course. They might still have have Charl Schwartzel’s course record card on display in the clubhouse (in Open qualifying no less).