This weather?!?!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Captain's Drive Out tomorrow. Shotgun start, 20 groups, 9.45am. It started raining at 2pm, hasn't stopped yet and is due to keep going until 6-7am. On top of an already soaked ground I would be surprised if the course is open tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 3432

Pishing down as usual up here. October is the wettest month in the Lake District with most rainy days and greatest rainfall anyway.

Been consistantly wet since mid August but probably an average year weatherwise up here.

Parkland golf in winter is a waste of time in this part of the world.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Forecast tomorrow is horrid. Medal tomorrow. One of my partners has had a minor op and cancelled, one has a cold ditto, one doesn't do rain, ditto. Me? I have been humping furniture around the house all day. I have a bad back. I am shattered. I am out too. I will watch the rugby, and the go to the tip, several times.

D

Deleted member 3432

Took my little lad to junior coaching this morning, a cool 5 degrees and snow on the Western fell tops. Winter has arrived!

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yesterday's competition was cancelled so had a day in front of TV instead. Golf, rugby, football, golf and then more football. Off for a friendly knock this morning in the sunshine.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Stunning day today here in Watford. Not a puff of wind, not a cloud in sight. Beautiful.

Course is mucky though, after all the rain, and the worm casts are just making it all a bit meh.

Used the airline to clean my trolley after the round, and that is it, carrying til spring now. Trolley in storage.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Stunning day today here in Watford. Not a puff of wind, not a cloud in sight. Beautiful.

Course is mucky though, after all the rain, and the worm casts are just making it all a bit meh.

Used the airline to clean my trolley after the round, and that is it, carrying til spring now. Trolley in storage.
Made that choice a few weeks ago for the exact same reason. Trolley was minging after a round and though sod it, carry until spring

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Made that choice a few weeks ago for the exact same reason. Trolley was minging after a round and though sod it, carry until spring

I have not played for a few weeks, and the transformation to winter golf is just wow, that happened quickly.
The front wheels were hardly turning by the 18th, so clogged up with mud and leaves.
The down side is I have a bad back at present, so carrying could be interesting. Preferable though. Even a half set.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played Ratho today and I must say it is in excellent condition bar a few greens which have been slitted, but still running true. A bit of a problem with the low sun later in the afternoon, but we are now on GMT. 5pm and dark outside!

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Bloody rain, sick of it, always seems to rain heavy Thursday/Friday affecting the weekend.
We're currently open, but it's been carry bags only, no trolleys. It's been this way for a few weeks now, but what a difference it's made protecting the course.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I know I shouldn't complain but went to the range this morning for a couple of buckets then some putting
Had to stop numerous times for sweat running into the sunglasses and couldn't putt for more than 10 minutes, the heat and humidity are just a bit silly today,
mid 30's and no wind means its impossible to stay cool and the still air means it's no cooler in the clubhouse