This weather?!?!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Rain, rain, rain. Though Saturday early afternoon it wasn't too bad for a couple of hours - so we ended our round dry. Then it started raining again. Course is very wet underfoot in some marginal areas - but all fairways mostly dry. Bunkers mostly drain well - and didn't spot any holding water. Plus our greens drain from flooded in about 20minutes - and so played really nicely.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Another day of rain, some light but some heavy
Course has been open mostly but, in my opinion, it shouldn't have been at times.
I think the Greenkeepers have been told to keep it open barring major flooding.
Parts of the course resemble a moto-cross track.
Got a chance to play 3 times this week and I'm not sure I'm going to get any in at all.
Seriously looking at spending some money and moving on.....

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Rain, rain, rain

But as I am not playing it doesn't matter too much to me - though too much rain does hold up the Greens team doing our ongoing bunker re-modelling and new bunker building work

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Country membership at a heathland course (Woodhall Spa) is really showing dividends with my home course now being closed all week thus far with constant daily rain not allowing the course to recover.

Allows me to look forward to the weekend to play 18 holes on great fairways & greens.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Temperatures due to fall drastically in the next few night. Expecting the course to be frosty on Saturday, to the point where I wonder if we'll go to temps. Feel like predicted at -3 for Saturday and Sunday. On the plus side with the ribs hurting I doubt I'll bother too much. Might rock up to see the guys first thing, have a coffee and a fry up and maybe some chipping if the green thaws when the sun gets up and back in for the scores and a beer

D

Deleted member 25172

Believe the rain coming down here tonight may very well close down our course for the next week or so, meaning I’ve played my last round of golf for the year. :(

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Even more reason to renew my country membership of a heathland course, I’ve never known our [parkland] course closed so much, even though we’ve been open much more than neighbouring courses, but with a river running through our course, we’ve been under water not just excessively wet as the river has burst its banks in parts never seen before, such is the amount of rain we've endured.

Wish I was slightly closer to the coast, although it would be bitterly cold and exposed In the winter, I’d join a links course as a home course and a heathland as an away course to ensure all year round golf.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Absolutely bitter yesterday in the wind and it belted down overnight and equally cold so swerved today with an eye on playing tomorrow instead. Looks slightly warmer and less windy but think the course may have struggled with so much rain the last 48 hours. Had held up well when I played from Friday nights rain yesterday so fingers crossed the wind will have helped dry it

D

Deleted member 3432

Snow down to very low level on the Western fells this morning.

Took the little lad to the driving range this afternoon which was empty.

Not the weather to be playing, about 4 degrees with a strong cold wind blowing.