This weather?!?!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've taken the day off work today to play. It's belted down all night and still going strong now. This on top of an already high water table. I'm sat here waiting for the phone to ping telling me the course is closed 😥

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Our Head Greenkeeper reports course has taken 7" of rain in the last three weeks, greens draining quickly and fairways coping well but starting to see some areas of standing water. Good thing is that a couple or three days dry will see the back of the standing water and very wet areas.

The Yokohama golf club had nearly 2M of rainfall last weekend...... they were closed for a day

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've taken the day off work today to play. It's belted down all night and still going strong now. This on top of an already high water table. I'm sat here waiting for the phone to ping telling me the course is closed 😥
I've got this Monday off for golf as well as I have leave to use up. "Clouds giving way to some sun with a shower" with 20% chance of thunderstorms according to Accuweather. They've really hedges their bets there, could be literally anything. :unsure:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Yokohama golf club had nearly 2M of rainfall last weekend...... they were closed for a day
How does that actually work? We can all grumble about inadequate drainage but unless all of the tee boxes, fairways and greens are raised and domed then draining 2m of water is bonkers. Is the course a beach?

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A few of us went away last weekend (been booked for a while), touch and go whether the course would be open but confirmed ok on Saturday morning. Turned up for round 2 on Sunday and it was closed. Bloody nightmare.

I’ve now finally got my hcp through and so I can actually play in tomorrow’s comp. Lashed it down last night, back 9 closed today. Meant to chuck it down again later so could well put paid to my competitive debut 🤦🏻‍♂️

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
How does that actually work? We can all grumble about inadequate drainage but unless all of the tee boxes, fairways and greens are raised and domed then draining 2m of water is bonkers. Is the course a beach?

No idea to be honest, but their website closes them for one day, and opens the next with some restrictions. They're not particularly mountainous in Yokohama, but they had a shed load of rain with that typhoon last weekend, and us Brits are all complaining over a couple of inches :)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
No idea to be honest, but their website closes them for one day, and opens the next with some restrictions. They're not particularly mountainous in Yokohama, but they had a shed load of rain with that typhoon last weekend, and us Brits are all complaining over a couple of inches :)
Fair play to them. 2m is mad though, not just for a golf course but for anywhere.

Springveldt

Visit site
Chucked it down all night again and my course is closed today yet again (not that I was getting to play anyway). Think it's been closed more than it's been open the last 3 weeks.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Course fully open still, including buggies. Chucked it down last night though and a few areas already a bit squelchy so will be interesting this weekend unless the wind dries it out. Definitely no roll

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Man flu prevented me from heading down, was full of good intentions until this floored me last night. Weather is great here too.

Coughing and spluttering, hopefully feel decent enough for tomorrow's medal.

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
Few torrential downpours here in sunny South Devon today. Tee booked for midday at Dartmouth tomorrow, gonna be soft under foot.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Did you get out then?
No, it was horrible. I don't know if it was better down your way but it belted it down all night and morning. Every course up here will have been closed today unless they are a links and even then there would have been no fun it it.
No he didn’t, he cancelled on me, made some poor excuse about Burgham being closed.;)
I had a better offer 🤣🤣

D

Deleted member 16999

No, it was horrible. I don't know if it was better down your way but it belted it down all night and morning. Every course up here will have been closed today unless they are a links and even then there would have been no fun it it.

I had a better offer 🤣🤣
You wish:p

Seaham was open, I didn’t play though.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Got out last night and worked hard on my short game. Felt like it was a wasted session and very disappointed by the quality. Fast forward to today and played and short game on point. The course was still wet in places but the green staff have done wonders especially in the bunkers. The wind picked up and hopefully will dry the course further. I really could do with a few yards of run