This weather?!?!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Almost had a day without precipitation..just a 5 minute drizzle this morning..although it's moving in again tonight and tomorrow morning...

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hope it clears up as I’ve got 2 rounds next week then off to knole park the week after courtesy of my firms corporate deals

D

Deleted member 17920

We have had 261mm of rain so far this month.

It’s been a wet one. Hoping for a dry November.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don’t know the exact measurements but my Vileda mop bucket, sat in the back garden has filled up one and a half times in about 3 weeks.

#unprecedented

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The stream that runs through our course has burst its banks putting some areas underwater 🙁

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Down here in southern Andalucia we don't get a huge amount of rain, maybe 5-6 days a year at the very most. However, of those, at least a couple of occasions it will cause flooding. The rain falls on rock hard ground, and soaking through doesn't happen very well.

We might lose a day a year to rain. Sounds great doesn't it. BUT a significant number of players put their clubs away in August because its too hot. During one round this Aug I got through 3.5 litres of water by the 16th tee yet still struggled by the time I walked off the 18th - it was 42*.

Sept/Oct/Nov is fantastic for golf, and its relatively quiet. Dec through to April sees a huge number of Scandanavians out here golfing/cycling/walking, and getting tee times can be difficult if left till the last minute.

PS, today is a golf day for me. There will be a sleeveless top over the polo for a couple of holes but still shorts through to late Jan/Feb for a month.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played nine holes last night on back nine which is our wetter nine. Bunkers have recovered superbly. A few damp patches on the approaches to greens but all in all very dry considering. Rough now very wet and lush and definitely to be avoided

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Down here in southern Andalucia we don't get a huge amount of rain, maybe 5-6 days a year at the very most. However, of those, at least a couple of occasions it will cause flooding. The rain falls on rock hard ground, and soaking through doesn't happen very well.

We might lose a day a year to rain. Sounds great doesn't it. BUT a significant number of players put their clubs away in August because its too hot. During one round this Aug I got through 3.5 litres of water by the 16th tee yet still struggled by the time I walked off the 18th - it was 42*.

Sept/Oct/Nov is fantastic for golf, and its relatively quiet. Dec through to April sees a huge number of Scandanavians out here golfing/cycling/walking, and getting tee times can be difficult if left till the last minute.

PS, today is a golf day for me. There will be a sleeveless top over the polo for a couple of holes but still shorts through to late Jan/Feb for a month.
We've been down in Seville and it was 40 a couple of days and thats Oct, wouldn't fancing being there when its hot:LOL:
The wife was talking to a waiter in one of the Restuarants and asked about winter, he said "winter.... 8th Jan is winter":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
...this weather - it's raining again...

Fortunately - apart from a few areas - the course drains quickly - and the greens can go from flooded to clear in 20minutes.

But I am not inclined to go out of an evening for a few holes when it is tippling down.

Imurg

Visit site
Streams around the area are up to a higher level than they normally are at this time of year.
Fortunately it looks like it could be relatively dry for a week or so after today.....

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Our Head Greenkeeper reports course has taken 7" of rain in the last three weeks, greens draining quickly and fairways coping well but starting to see some areas of standing water. Good thing is that a couple or three days dry will see the back of the standing water and very wet areas.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Some very boggy areas now and the green staff have started to rope off approaches to the greens so trolleys and buggies have to go around them. That said in general terms the back nine is still holding up well (wettest nine) and with strong winds due it should help dry it out

Imurg

Visit site
First time closed during this wet spell
Would happen on the first day I've been able to play for a week and a half........:mad: