This is what you call a vlog!!..........

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I don't disagree and I have total respect for what he's managed to achieve. However as others have said, I just feel the jokes and humour and even some of the content seem forced these days and almost seems as though he's struggling to find stuff to film in order to keep getting videos out
Perhaps you could give him a few tips as a seasoned vlogger ?

He doesn’t do club reviews, other than funny ones on weird or old clubs. He concentrates on playing with his mates, and having a laugh. Doesn’t seem forced to me, and compared to Mark Crossfield vlogs he is not precious at all. Recent Crossfield vlogs have been better without Rory. He doesn’t like being beaten by Dan does he.:whistle:

I know which one I would rather play 18 holes with.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Its gentle entertainment with a bit of golf interest for golfers, its not a Beeb production. Some are good, some not so good. I've enjoyed most but wouldn't miss them if he stopped doing them. If you want high tech reviews look elsewhere but for a man-in-the-street type chat thing its fine.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
My kind of humour. I bet he can regularly put spin on a ball, so if he was doing a review on golf balls and how they check up on the green I'd watch with interest ???

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
If I’m watching golf you tube videos it’s because of an interest in the topic. I don’t need humour adding. If I want humour I’ll watch a comedy or see some mates rather than a half arsed attempt at mixing factual with humour.

still. He’s not doing me any harm so I just filtered out his channel.

bwstokie

Visit site
What a miserable lot ?

I do enjoy his content on the whole and subscribe however agree that he may be running out of ideas. There is a small air of him thinking he’s really funny and starting to have the “do you know who I am” syndrome.

Life’s too serious so it’s at least refreshing.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
When I first started watching his vlogs I really enjoyed them and went back through a lot of his previous ones. Really enjoyed his style. Not so much now as the content has become a bit repetitive. Comes across as a nice chap so I genuinely hope he turns it around.

I tell you the worst vlogs are by someone called ‘topbloke golf vlogs’. A bit like a parasite, he’s trying to live off the success of the others by basically slagging them off, insulting and taking the p out of them. Can only hope he gets bored and buggers off.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
When I first started watching his vlogs I really enjoyed them and went back through a lot of his previous ones. Really enjoyed his style. Not so much now as the content has become a bit repetitive. Comes across as a nice chap so I genuinely hope he turns it around.

I tell you the worst vlogs are by someone called ‘topbloke golf vlogs’. A bit like a parasite, he’s trying to live off the success of the others by basically slagging them off, insulting and taking the p out of them. Can only hope he gets bored and buggers off.
I've only started watching in the last two months, so I don't know what the output was like before, but it seems as though once he quit his day job and made YouTube his primary earning stream, he endeavoured to do a video every day - and it must be hard to keep the quality consistent at that level of output. I still think the bad ones are not awful though, still relatively easy viewing. I usually just put them on while I'm doing some ironing or playing TGC19 on the PS4.

Thenearlygoodgolfer

Visit site
It's dreadful. Truly awful, is it you or a mate or something?
I have to agree with you sadly. I can see what Liam is trying to do but he seems to definitely be running out of ideas, seems to post a lot of videos with the same people on the same course doing pretty much the same 3 hole match time and time again.
I think Liam needs to stop pumping out 5/6 videos a week and maybe concentrate on getting better quality content and maybe post 2/3 videos a week.
He also needs to chill with the shocking jokes and names for his clubs, thats the worst bit about it

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Here you go for any doubters out there, Liam's thoughts on the rule changes a year on.
Would you sooner have this "say it as I see it" delivery or a Rick Shiels sanitised viewpoint?

(Made me laugh anyway)

I liked that vid

Half way through remembered to intro himself...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I must admit, while I enjoy the videos I'm getting thoroughly bored of the 'short like his willy' gags. I think they say that at least twice per video.