Things That Gladden The Heart

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I'll put this here because all well that ends well

Community fibre came this morning to install the new fibre

Tech one arrived 8am to install the fibre to where I wanted tech two to drill.

After a lot of discussion I convinced tech two that rather than drill a new hole just take the cable through next to one of the existing cables.. no mess. Then a short distance just under the stairs and boom put the socket there.

Done.

He then couldn't get the broadband working due to an issue their end. Which an hour later had fixed

After much fiddling around with the mesh network they provided to sort out coverage in this ridiculous house (walls are like signal blockers) I'm getting

900mb in the hall
700mb in the living room
450mb in the kitchen
250mb in the loft

That's pretty acceptable speeds throughout considering the living room has the most usage and the loft is just at night.

Happy days

£30 a month bargain
Does community fibre provide your phone line too?

Got an email today from Sky telling me they are putting my “superfast” broadband up by £3.50 per month, it will now be £28.50 per month, (tbh it’s not fast or reliable) I am entitled to cancel it within 30 days without penalty. I am tempted however Sky also provide me with the phone line apparently free of charge.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does community fibre provide your phone line too?

Got an email today from Sky telling me they are putting my “superfast” broadband up by £3.50 per month, it will now be £28.50 per month, (tbh it’s not fast or reliable) I am entitled to cancel it within 30 days without penalty. I am tempted however Sky also provide me with the phone line apparently free of charge.

They can provide it, £10 a month by the looks

All depends what you need

The 1gb starts at £26 now by looks like, but I went to £30 to get their mesh supplied. If you need one router you can just get that

Also can get lower speed. Just future proofing as 5 of us, the 150mb is more than enough really that's under £20

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
We are lucky that we have an award winning chippie ten minute drive away. Mind you cod and chips and battered sausage and chips (HID doesn't eat fish) is nearly £15 now
I went to a pub in Farnsfield a couple of weeks ago. Me and MissisT had fish and chips.Sweet lord it was massive. Neither of us could finish the haddock. It was gorgeous. The batter was divine.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
wish there was somewhere decent for Fish & Chips around here, all are mediocre at best, poor considering where we are.
Considering where you are that's sad.
The best fish&chip I've ever had was in Aberdeen after a freebie at Royal Deeside
One of the guys we were playing with owned a fishing trawler so the fish was fresh, another guy owned the hotel we stayed at.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Considering where you are that's sad.
The best fish&chip I've ever had was in Aberdeen after a freebie at Royal Deeside
One of the guys we were playing with owned a fishing trawler so the fish was fresh, another guy owned the hotel we stayed at.
Dear lord. If Carlsberg did a three ball that would be it. 😳
What would be the ideal 4 ball. 🤔

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
The aircraft that Draken fly out of Tees Valley Airport to provide the ‘enemy’ for the RAF is called the Honey Badger. Seems a placid name until you find out what nasty things the animals are
Have had the pleasure of having them run through camp a few times back home. They do love to give you a bit of a rev sometimes though.

Beautiful creatures IMG_6680.jpeg

Tashyboy

Visit site
Nationwide Building Society has three main customer contact centres. Swindon, Northampton and Wakefield.

No customer calls originate or go overseas.
Just read this morning that Nationwide are buying out Virgin bank, chuffed to bits.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finding out at 44 years of age about the joys of cold toast. Got distracted whilst making toast a few weeks back. Buttered it when it was cold (so it doesn’t melt) and found it was a taste sensation.

Hmm. Might try that. I let it cool as don't want the butter to melt - actually like it about 30% melt, 70% thick and yellow :)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Finding out at 44 years of age about the joys of cold toast. Got distracted whilst making toast a few weeks back. Buttered it when it was cold (so it doesn’t melt) and found it was a taste sensation.
Hmm. Might try that. I let it cool as don't want the butter to melt - actually like it about 30% melt, 70% thick and yellow :)

I don’t like the butter to melt into the bread, especially if it’s getting jam or marmalade too.