Things That Gladden The Heart

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is that all things equal? Looks like to top on is FTTC and the bottom is FTTP.

We have BT FTTP (and don't have a "phone line" in that there is no landline attached but there is still a "phone line" in that a line comes in to the property) and their "best" is that we get 500 down and 100 up (on the Fibre500 package) so if the top is all things equal, something is very wrong.

It's the best they could offer in the area, your fully correct with FTTC and FTTP, BT (even tho community fibre use their masts) don't offer fibre in my road (even if they did the price is more) this is the 1gb fibre package which is £25 a month. (I pay £30 as I wanted the mesh included)

Before I was paying £31 a month ( well £28 but rising now to £31) for the first speed with no included mesh

Safe to say community fibre smash them on speed and price

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
@GreiginFife will add about community fibre. BT had brought the phone line through the porch to under my TV. Bit of a rubbish placement

I managed to convince community fibre to not drill another hole but pick out the silicone around one of the solar cables and feed it in under stairs. Then just one meter and it's in the hall

Mesh node one is in the hall feeding to mesh node 2 upstairs and node 3 in living room for total house coverage

900mb hall
750mb living room
450mb kitchen and upstairs
250mb loft

You can imagine compared to 65 best speed from BT I'm more than delighted with that throughout house

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As we now have PJ87 posting on his broadband usage, as well as his car charging habits, can I suggest he has he own thread so he can update us all on his meals, toilet habits and any other things he gets up to each day so we know his isn't just sitting around bored? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As we now have PJ87 posting on his broadband usage, as well as his car charging habits, can I suggest he has he own thread so he can update us all on his meals, toilet habits and any other things he gets up to each day so we know his isn't just sitting around bored? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Cleaning today. Do you want pictures? 😂

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site

I'm still waiting for an update on where the skip is being delivered for his neighbours having some work done

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
We've had our first reduced nursery invoice due to the funding for 2 year olds.
What we were paying for just 2 days used to pain me, 5 day per week families must be on their knees.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We've had our first reduced nursery invoice due to the funding for 2 year olds.
What we were paying for just 2 days used to pain me, 5 day per week families must be on their knees.

It's ridiculous the cost of childcare isn't it, I've had to juggle things to make sure we keep our funding at all costs. Those 2 in nursery 5 days a week would cripple me.

Hopefully these new schemes help some people

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Have a great time :)
And so home…after nearly 3 weeks in the (mostly) sunny and warm - occasionally hot - Western Cape of SA. So many great experiences and thoughts that could be shared.

But suffice for the moment to mention the round I managed to fit in whilst we were staying in Knysna…Pezula Golf Club…what a cracking course. Thoroughly enjoyed my round playing with three German lads. From Hamburg and telling me of how their sand-based courses back home are really struggling coping with the rain - which this winter has been exceptionally bad for their area of Germany. We are not alone.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Really fortunate to have mom and dad to have her 3 days a week.

We were the same. Now the nans just do nursery run when I'm not about.

I've been off this week so it's been just me which is nice. God bless the free 30 hours , to be fair we only use it for A social skills. We noticed how much it helped eldest and B they have My niece now. I think they could do with a rest 🤣

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Watching OMD AKA orchestral manoeuvres in the dark in 30 minutes. They were brilliant last time I saw them.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just bumped into one of the lads who I worked with at Thoresby whilst at the OMD concert. I didn’t recognise him
As he has had his eyes lazered and don’t wear glasses. I had a little smile to
Myself.
He was caught on video cycling up the pit lane. He never noticed the safety barrier down and twatted it. It knocked him off his bike. He is seen picking himself up of the floor and threw the barrier in the hedge bottom. A guy in the car behind saw everything happen and told everyone at the pit. He is seen laughing his head off. The guys in the control room had a look on CCTV and pulled a copy off and put it on YouTube. They got a
Bollockin coz the cyclist complained and they had to take it off.
It was the second time he had hit the barrier. 😁