Things That Gladden The Heart

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The maturity and resilience my 8yr old daughter has shown as her gym closes and we have to find another, most probably away from her friends, a few tears but she’s not giving up 💪❤️
Can totally relate to this, grandaughter got her purple belt on Friday for martial arts. Guy that takes her said she should have her Blue belt if she carries on by the end of the year. She loves it. She does swimming for 30 mins on Monday then an hour later martial arts for an hour. She must be shattered but she is as fit as a butchers dog. Love it when the kids have a passion.
A pal of my sons he has joined a bmx club. He is four 😳

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My daughter. She won gold at her first gymnastics competition of the year today. Really chuffed for her. She’s had a few niggly injuries since Christmas and has missed quite a few training sessions so she wasn’t expecting to do as well. However, what had me bursting with pride was seeing her console a younger competitor from another gym who’d not medalled in her competition and was really upset. Lovely.

Tashyboy

Visit site
So am on my way back from Screwfix having picked up six thermostats. Hooked a left at some traffic lights and as you do I looked into the rear view mirror and there must of been 200 motorbikes coming down the rd behind me. It took me a couple of seconds to realise they were going to the local fire station as I had passed it 10 minutes earlier and there was a couple of hundred folk stood there. The lights went red and they caught me up. So am at the front in me seat Leon with 200 bikes behind me. Lights turn green and we pulls off. All the kids are clapping and cheering and am pipping me horn and waving at the kids as the bikes turned into the fire station.
I told Missis Tash when I got back and she said “ it was the local Easter egg run for the Motorbikes”. That I hadn’t realised and I didn’t have a bike or an Easter egg. Suffice to say, Big up respect to all bikers out there who do these runs coz the kids and Tash loved being part of it..
My best man was on the run, he put it on Facebook. I never saw him. 😁

Attachments

• IMG_1508.jpeg
    IMG_1508.jpeg
    261.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Tashyboy

Visit site
My daughter. She won gold at her first gymnastics competition of the year today. Really chuffed for her. She’s had a few niggly injuries since Christmas and has missed quite a few training sessions so she wasn’t expecting to do as well. However, what had me bursting with pride was seeing her console a younger competitor from another gym who’d not medalled in her competition and was really upset. Lovely.
The last bit is what really fills you with pride, I have mentioned about young Layla Tash doing well at Martial arts, but some of the older kids, Layla really looks up to. They really are role models at 14-16 yr old. One of them was being bullied at school and the guy who takes the class has really helped her with her confidence.
Lovely post to read FTR

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Grades? Although it’s tough to watch at times I think some of the life lessons they are learning are incredibly valuable.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Having my GoKart returning from a service on Thursday - just in time for a great draw I am in for the Saturday medal with only showers predicted rather than the usual heavy rainfall of late.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I could have put this in irritation but I think every situation try and take positives from.

Injections for the twins today. The before school ones.

Took them to the nurse on my own, asked if I needed help I said no. Both cried which was heartbreaking.. especially the second who had to see her sister go first

But it's testament to A how good they can be and B how much less work they are that I managed to do it without a second set of hands and the lolly I prepared was a suitable bribe to cheer them up.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Joined the cross-denomination Easter Walk of Witness through our town centre earlier today. It certainly would have inconvenienced drivers and through traffic, but it was heartening that the walk was received by townsfolk, shoppers and drivers with respect and patience. A couple of toots but nothing more. And that’s most certainly not a given these days.

Happy Easter (when it comes 😘)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When me and the wife get kid free time boy do we get odd jobs done

Dinner date with a mate at 13:30 30 miles away

Mum said she would have kids 11-5

So bed shop, new beds ordered for the kids (10 mins)
Said we can sort the carpets too if you want , headed to carpet shop found end of role perfect size for girls room . Ordered

Made lunch

On way home picked up paint etc

Everything for their room bar the radiator sorted lol

Roll on may half term when they go away and me plus my mate will be completely transforming it to the twins first big girl room

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Football podcast about Kylian Mbappe .. very interesting and equally good if you are not too much into footy. Lots of conversations about family, how the French grassroots footy is different to English - why it produces more world winners.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Football podcast about Kylian Mbappe .. very interesting and equally good if you are not too much into footy. Lots of conversations about family, how the French grassroots footy is different to English - why it produces more world winners.

When my lad was playing for Notts county boys 24 years ago I had a natter with a guy who told me that the UK had 1,200 UEFA B coaches. Mostly at pro clubs.
France had 10,000. From grass roots upwards.
To many fathers with minimal coaching badges coaching.
Although it is better today than 24 yrs ago👍

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
No idea where to post this as it will be incredibly sad for someone.

Anyway, last night there is a post on our residents group that a cat has been hit and killed and looking for the owner. The description fits ours and he looked identical and so we took him home wrapped him up to go to the vets for cremation in the morning and basically spent the whole night blubbing as Arby is something special. Anyway, I go to the vets this morning, hand him over and as a last thought asked them to triple check by reading the chip. It does not match the one on record. Anyway, our old vet was not good and the first chip he had failed and a new one was put in and we assumed they had not updated his records. The vets started to look into it and within the hour we had the miracle call telling us that it was not Arby and they had been in touch with the owner.

Both of us rush home from work as we cannot believe it as we still had not seen Arby since yesterday evening. Come home and he is fast asleep on the bed totally oblivious. Queue extensive tears of joy and many dreamies for the moggy.

Still sad as someone else has had that terrible phone call but so happy that Arby is OK.