Things That Gladden The Heart

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure which thread this should be in, maybe the laughter thread or a new thread for those of us inclined to have the odd brain fart.

I play as a skip when bowling in teams. I have a spray chalk to mark any ‘touchers’ we may have. I gave a wood several sprays yesterday but all that was coming out was a clear liquid, not white chalk dust. I’d only pulled my GTN, angina, spray from the other pocket…
Did the bowls go any slower :ROFLMAO: .

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
View attachment 51853

Anyone who uses dash cams big shout out to these guys. Both my cars have power to the rear view mirror (auto dim mirror) these are adaptors for Kia / Hyundai (other car adapters available)

Takes 5 mins to wire

Much neater than doing it all way round from fuse box
Bought it and fitted it to my missus Kia Sportage. Not cheap and took me about 15 minutes to put in but very neat and a lot simpler than any other method.
I only wish they did one for my Skoda.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bought it and fitted it to my missus Kia Sportage. Not cheap and took me about 15 minutes to put in but very neat and a lot simpler than any other method.
I only wish they did one for my Skoda.

Yeah Cost me 3 times the cost of hard wire but totally worth it

Both cars have them to keep simple

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Mrs H managed a 1/4 bowl of soup today, the most she’s managed in a week. Touch wood, there’s no noises coming from the bathroom. Might get her out of the house on Sunday for an hour in the sun. Big bowls comp next week, and need her fit…

Hell of a pile of ironing building up.

D

Deleted member 15344

The instant silence from the Man City , Man Utd and Barnsley fans
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Waking up to an email confirming my daughter has been offered a place at her preferred secondary school. The lottery-esque nature of the process is beyond an irritation, but the outcome is fortunately favourable and a big relief. Now fingers crossed her best friends get offered a place too. I don’t recall it being an issue when I was at school.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Waking up to an email confirming my daughter has been offered a place at her preferred secondary school. The lottery-esque nature of the process is beyond an irritation, but the outcome is fortunately favourable and a big relief. Now fingers crossed her best friends get offered a place too. I don’t recall it being an issue when I was at school.

I don't recall there being a choice when I went to school. If you live abc area you go to yxz school

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't recall there being a choice when I went to school. If you live abc area you go to yxz school
Yeah pretty much the same, adding in if you went to XYZ primary school you went to 123 secondary school. My daughter had to pick upto 4 schools (in preference order) and even then not guaranteed a place in any of those.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Yeah pretty much the same, adding in if you went to XYZ primary school you went to 123 secondary school. My daughter had to pick upto 4 schools (in preference order) and even then not guaranteed a place in any of those.

Can you imagine the faff back then if they had to lay on school buses for 2-3-4 different schools all leaving from the same bus stops o_O