Things That Gladden The Heart

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The aircraft that Draken fly out of Tees Valley Airport to provide the ‘enemy’ for the RAF is called the Honey Badger. Seems a placid name until you find out what nasty things the animals are

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
View attachment 51853

Anyone who uses dash cams big shout out to these guys. Both my cars have power to the rear view mirror (auto dim mirror) these are adaptors for Kia / Hyundai (other car adapters available)

Takes 5 mins to wire

Much neater than doing it all way round from fuse box
Very interesting. I'll have a look at this for my missus Kia Sportage. Not cheap but very neat.

Last edited:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
The swallows arrived back a couple of weeks ago, heading north but some will stay. Today, the flamingos arrived back. Summer’s coming.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Then every guy will envy me
'Cause paradise is where I'll be
Sha la la
La la la la
Great lyrics in some of these old songs.
One of favourites is from a old Drifters song " Here in the gloom, of my lonely room, I hold her handkerchief and smell her sweet perfume ".
Another odd lyric is from Glen Campbell's Gentle on my Mind,
" Some gurgling crackling cauldren in some train yard "

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Great lyrics in some of these old songs.
One of favourites is from a old Drifters song " Here in the gloom, of my lonely room, I hold her handkerchief and smell her sweet perfume ".
Another odd lyric is from Glen Campbell's Gentle on my Mind,
" Some gurgling crackling cauldren in some train yard "
A lyric that captured the start of the weekend perfectly when I was in my early twenties

It's 6 o'clock in the tower blocks
The stalagmites of culture shock
And the trippers of the light fantastic, bow down, hoe down
Spray their pheromones on this perfume uniform
And anarchy smiles in the royal mile
And we're waiting on the fly boys, sly boys, wide boys
Rooting, tooting cowboys
Lucky little ladies at the watering holes
They'll score the Friday night goals

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It chilly; it’s windy; it’s been pouring down all day, and the course will be absolutely drenched and very wet underfoot…if it is open at all today…and I don’t care. Because in two hours time me and my Mrs are heading to Heathrow, and later this evening it’s Cape Town here we come...golf shoes packed. Sorry. I may even have a couple of weeks off from here.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
It chilly; it’s windy; it’s been pouring down all day, and the course will be absolutely drenched and very wet underfoot…if it is open at all today…and I don’t care. Because in two hours time me and my Mrs are heading to Heathrow, and later this evening it’s Cape Town here we come...golf shoes packed. Sorry. I may even have a couple of weeks off from here.

Have a great time :)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Not sure which thread this should be in, maybe the laughter thread or a new thread for those of us inclined to have the odd brain fart.

I play as a skip when bowling in teams. I have a spray chalk to mark any ‘touchers’ we may have. I gave a wood several sprays yesterday but all that was coming out was a clear liquid, not white chalk dust. I’d only pulled my GTN, angina, spray from the other pocket…