Things That Gladden The Heart

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had a phone call from my agency this afternoon to tell me that the boat I'm joining has been delayed and won't be in Aberdeen until 16th May at the earliest. The sensible solution would've been for the client to fly me home and put me on half day rate as a standby rate until they could confirm when the boat would arrive and then fly me back up. Instead of that they've extended my hotel booking for an extra week and are keeping me up here on full day rate. Happy days for me as it means I'll spend 12 days (minimum) on full day rate while sitting in a hotel before I even join the boat. And having looked at the weather forecast for where they're currently working it wouldn't surprise me if the 16th May becomes the 18th or even the 20th May before the boat gets here. I'm glad that I've got internet access, Sky Sports Go, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus and Netflix to keep me entertained while I'm getting paid for doing nothing. :D
Have you got your clubs, and even if you haven't, with all that money your making, go hire a set...... boredom sorted!!
No, Thankyou. ?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Meeting some old friends at the Caversham in the club match. Not seen them since Covid and great to have a few beers and a laugh after the match. Given the direction my club is going on and off the course I might be considering a move. Loved what they had done to the course as well as the atmosphere in the 19th
You will be able to play with PNWokingham. He has joined there recently. ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks to @PhilTheFragger and @Beezerk I was able to pin down the problem with my temperamental mower. It ended up being the connection I had fitted after my wife went over the wire a few years ago. The wires were fine but the two parts were not connecting together tightly enough. I was able to hold them together and finish the grass. I've had a fiddle, hopefully resolved it properly but if not I'll just get another connection.

Problem identified and if not fully resolved then most of the way there ?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Thanks to @PhilTheFragger and @Beezerk I was able to pin down the problem with my temperamental mower. It ended up being the connection I had fitted after my wife went over the wire a few years ago. The wires were fine but the two parts were not connecting together tightly enough. I was able to hold them together and finish the grass. I've had a fiddle, hopefully resolved it properly but if not I'll just get another connection.

That’s it, blame the wife ???

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
True story.
Back in my student days in N Upon T, Pizzaland offered a Monday night "Buy 2 pizzas, but eat as many as you can." You had to completely finish, crusts and all, before you could order another. I remember helping out a mate with the crust of his third so he could order a fourth. I ate five, completely finished, then called it a night. Beat everyone else there, so was chuffed.
Happy days they were too.

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

You're not alone, I did the same thing with my hedge trimmer last year.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Well done ‘our’ Lottie (Woad) finishing tied 13th (-10) in the LET Madrid Open. Four sub-par rounds testing, for the first time, her game against the top European pros. A huge confidence boost to her as she had been a bit down having missed out being selected for the Curtis Cup squad. Onwards and upwards lass! ?