Things That Gladden The Heart

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
No big teenage birthdays then (y)
They will be playing U13 next year. It’s usually this age where they go off to other teams with new mates they have made at secondary school. We have kids wanting to join us.

My measure of success is whether my players want to come back next season. Not what we win.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
They will be playing U13 next year. It’s usually this age where they go off to other teams with new mates they have made at secondary school. We have kids wanting to join us.

My measure of success is whether my players want to come back next season. Not what we win.

Now, if only I could convince our golf club committee that this is the required test.
Too often, I find, the small-minded ones like to be "calling the shots" to get things the way they want them to be, regardless of what is best for the club as a whole.

RichA

Visit site
A week ago my wife told me it's weird that I either don't dream or don't remember them.
Every night since I've have the most vivid, sleep disrupting dreams and remembered every one of them.
Work related (I never worry about work), not having revised for exams (I haven't sat an exam in over 30 years) and topped off last night with trying to survive an air raid.
I'm exhausted.
Quoting myself from the Irritations thread a couple of weeks ago...
Just had my first undisturbed, dreamless night's sleep in 2 weeks.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Flew to Aberdeen yesterday to join a vessel for a windfarm survey. Now sitting in the Marriott hotel self-isolating for 48 hours on full pay due to their company Covid policy. Got to take a PCR test before joining the vessel. Checked on the vessel position from AIS this morning and it's in northern Norway, which is over 550 miles from Aberdeen so it's likely that the 48 hours will become at least 72 hours before joining. As an added bonus I read my contract this morning and they've given me an 8.5% pay rise on my day rate since my previous job for them in February. At least three days of waiting in a hotel surfing the internet and playing computer games on full pay. (y)

Plus the recent rise in the threshold for paying NI means that my tax bill will be over £1000 less this year.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Morning out down the sea life centre. Hour on the beach afters

Then our first ever lunch out just the 5 of us

Love days like today

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
2 hours rowing followed by 1 hour of tennis - might have found my new sports (combined 1/3 the cost of golf)!!
I wonder if the likely aches/pains of the next couple of days might affect your attitude! Golf might be a sport, but hardly physically demanding. At least on most courses.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
They're more likely to encourage me to do it again...and more :)
Masochist!:eek:
FWIW. It's only the first few sessions of either that really result in those aches/pains as it's generally previously 'underused' muscles/tendons that suffer. Same could possibly have applied with your gardening - if a long/energetic enough session.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Masochist!:eek:
FWIW. It's only the first few sessions of either that really result in those aches/pains as it's generally previously 'underused' muscles/tendons that suffer. Same could possibly have applied with your gardening - if a long/energetic enough session.

Agreed. I kind of like the soreness as it proves I've worked out AND used muscles I don't usually work hard. My lats are currently quite sore so possibly both sports using those more than they're used to.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Flew to Aberdeen yesterday to join a vessel for a windfarm survey. Now sitting in the Marriott hotel self-isolating for 48 hours on full pay due to their company Covid policy. Got to take a PCR test before joining the vessel. Checked on the vessel position from AIS this morning and it's in northern Norway, which is over 550 miles from Aberdeen so it's likely that the 48 hours will become at least 72 hours before joining. As an added bonus I read my contract this morning and they've given me an 8.5% pay rise on my day rate since my previous job for them in February. At least three days of waiting in a hotel surfing the internet and playing computer games on full pay. (y)

Plus the recent rise in the threshold for paying NI means that my tax bill will be over £1000 less this year.

I had a phone call from my agency this afternoon to tell me that the boat I'm joining has been delayed and won't be in Aberdeen until 16th May at the earliest. The sensible solution would've been for the client to fly me home and put me on half day rate as a standby rate until they could confirm when the boat would arrive and then fly me back up. Instead of that they've extended my hotel booking for an extra week and are keeping me up here on full day rate. Happy days for me as it means I'll spend 12 days (minimum) on full day rate while sitting in a hotel before I even join the boat. And having looked at the weather forecast for where they're currently working it wouldn't surprise me if the 16th May becomes the 18th or even the 20th May before the boat gets here. I'm glad that I've got internet access, Sky Sports Go, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus and Netflix to keep me entertained while I'm getting paid for doing nothing. :D

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I had a phone call from my agency this afternoon to tell me that the boat I'm joining has been delayed and won't be in Aberdeen until 16th May at the earliest. The sensible solution would've been for the client to fly me home and put me on half day rate as a standby rate until they could confirm when the boat would arrive and then fly me back up. Instead of that they've extended my hotel booking for an extra week and are keeping me up here on full day rate. Happy days for me as it means I'll spend 12 days (minimum) on full day rate while sitting in a hotel before I even join the boat. And having looked at the weather forecast for where they're currently working it wouldn't surprise me if the 16th May becomes the 18th or even the 20th May before the boat gets here. I'm glad that I've got internet access, Sky Sports Go, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus and Netflix to keep me entertained while I'm getting paid for doing nothing. :D
I wonder if you’re coming to work for my company, what’s the vessel?