Things That Gladden The Heart

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Taking the boy to his first match today.
Hopefully he remembers it for something other than seeing his dad cry at seeing Ruben Neves for the last time ?

Great day for both of you mate. Hope it’s a memorable one.

My dad took me to my first game in 1976 (beat spurs 5-3!) In half an hour I’m going, with my son to pick him up and take him to the match. Circle of football life ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Really looking forward to play Hollinwell (Notts) tomorrow with my daughter‘s partner…my club head pro. He’s using it as a warm-up to playing his first proper comp in years next week.

We’ll play Stableford as that enables him to try out some things he’s been working on and stableford allows things to go wrong while still playing towards compiling a decent score - and looking to beat me ? And for me given all my travails of late a chance see how I can manage my own game against his…using the shots he’ll give me.

And my heart is gladdened by a weather forecast that looks OK for us.

Last edited:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
3 years and 3 weeks after taking up bowls I am now men’s club champion. And in 11 finals I’ve played in, including 2 team comps, I’ve won 9. Unbeaten since losing in a singles a year ago… I may have been a half decent, low single figures golfer but I’ve never done better than 2nd in the scratch championship before today.

Only 2 board comps left of the season for a clean sweep.

Maybe I’ve finally found my calling.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
3 years and 3 weeks after taking up bowls I am now men’s club champion. And in 11 finals I’ve played in, including 2 team comps, I’ve won 9. Unbeaten since losing in a singles a year ago… I may have been a half decent, low single figures golfer but I’ve never done better than 2nd in the scratch championship before today.

Only 2 board comps left of the season for a clean sweep.

Maybe I’ve finally found my calling.
Darn good effort sir! Certainly beats getting soaked with the Badgers at Aguilon.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Really looking forward to play Hollinwell (Notts) tomorrow with my daughter‘s partner…my club head pro. He’s using it as a warm-up to playing his first proper comp in years next week.

We’ll play Stableford as that enables him to try out some things he’s been working on and stableford allows things to go wrong while still playing towards compiling a decent score - and looking to beat me ? And for me given all my travails of late a chance see how I can manage my own game against his…using the shots he’ll give me.

And my heart is gladdened by a weather forecast that looks OK for us.

Come on, how did it go?

And more importantly (for some Atleast), have you figured out how to hit your hybrid again?