Things That Gladden The Heart

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mrs is happy. Tumble dryer is fixed

Cost to me £31 plus a 48 hour wait .. lucky my mum just put 3 loads in their tumble

Part arrived soon as twins went sleep (unfortunately in kitchen) so when they woke 5 mins tumble now working.

May order a spare one of these for when it breaks again in 18 months lol

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mrs is happy. Tumble dryer is fixed

Cost to me £31 plus a 48 hour wait .. lucky my mum just put 3 loads in their tumble

Part arrived soon as twins went sleep (unfortunately in kitchen) so when they woke 5 mins tumble now working.

May order a spare one of these for when it breaks again in 18 months lol
The good think is you actually know what the fault is and how to repair it. Irritating but not fatal for the machine. We are developing an intermittent fault on our dryer, it could be 1 of about 3 things according to Google and all 3 are beyond my skillset.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The good think is you actually know what the fault is and how to repair it. Irritating but not fatal for the machine. We are developing an intermittent fault on our dryer, it could be 1 of about 3 things according to Google and all 3 are beyond my skillset.

Yeah. It happened December 2019 (bought the dryer April 2018)

Under warranty at the time (even though should be now but that's another discussion)

Tech came about a 4-5 days later I think it was. Wasn't great. Not drying season outside (even though amount we go through most stuff goes in it lol) anyways he said it's a known fault with that washer. Rather than recall them Samsung are just repairing them as they break with a "modified" part that fixes the issue

16 months later it goes again. Wouldnt Start so just took the cover off the back and replaced the part

There is a very useful video linked to the eBay listing which helped me say yes that's 100% My issue ..

Thing was soon as the broken bit of fan was removed the drum span again but with a horrible noise (same noise we heard all that time ago then it seized up)

Seems silly to throw away an expensive machine for a small part .. especially when it will just go in landfill

I am on a role ATM (must quit whilst ahead) the leak in the Alhambra returned) found out a seal on the boot had popped off. Clicked back in (forced in. Won't move now) leak gone

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Got to say i love London for a break, you can feel the History about the place.
Just round the corner from the hotel and as we headed towards the Imperial War Museum was the house of William Bligh of the Bounty, and earlier today in Westminster Abbey there were maybe 50-75max visitors. Normally 7000 a day. It felt empty and much of the time we were all by ourselves.

Just fabulous walking around the Abbey with it so peaceful - as churches should be. And to be able to look at all the memorials and resting places of Kings and Queens just all on our lonesome most of the time. To stand by the tomb, and quietly think on Edward I the hammer of the Scots and he who was defeated by but in the end got the upper hand over William Wallace, just transported me.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Appreciate the likes everyone! Look forward to meeting a number of you all later this year at H4H!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
NO spoilers but if you havent seen the last 2 days TdeF highlights then well worth finding them on replay, some stunning performances and a tour potentially blown apart in what was expected to be a quietish week!!!!!!!!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
NO spoilers but if you havent seen the last 2 days TdeF highlights then well worth finding them on replay, some stunning performances and a tour potentially blown apart in what was expected to be a quietish week!!!!!!!!

Watched it live yesterday (flicking between Wimbledon). Great stage. Struggled with the Eurosport guys having their microphones so close you can hear the intake of breath when they speak though!!

Liked the comment about the rider finishing stage 1 with 2 fractured elbows and how footballers squeal like babies when not even hurt!

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Managed to call in a favour and get a table at a local pub so my two English mates could watch the game last night. Made friends with a table of lads sat behind us who had one Scottish guy in their group. Ended up getting the room to chant “you’re just a s@@@ Northern Ireland” to the Scottish fella which he took with good grace and then we moved onto singing David Healy songs along with the obligatory Three Lions a lot. Great night.