Things That Gladden The Heart

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Delighted to hear tonight that my 2nd oldest grandson is coming back home after being away for 12 years working in Tenerife.
Hopefully his wife and my youngest great grandson will follow soon (y).
Flight paid by his new [ restaurant ] employer in Edinburgh :love::love:.
My 3rd oldest grandson is also back and working in a new restaurant somewhere in Nottingham :D

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
London Underground...yes really ?

The walk we had last night from our hotel near The Imperial War museum to the fabulous restaurant on Kings Road, Chelsea where we dined - along the embankment and past so many blue plaque houses and grand buildings from days of empire - was fascinating - and the views up, down and across the Thames are always superb, that walk was very enjoyable. But the short walk from restaurant to Sloane Square and the 5mins on a v quiet District Line from there to Embankment...well...with feet not fully recovered from the earlier walk that did most certainly gladden the heart.

Also...so few tourists...so relatively quiet...

A lovely evening in a great city.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Leicestershire County Champion is a County Senior (over 55).

Note the +6 playing handicaps in the field of whippersnappers. Cosby is par 71, CR 72.1 and SR 140 and it rained all morning.

Four week's time we will be up against him at Luffenham Heath in the Seniors County Championship (18 holes thankfully). £15 entry fee. What a bargain for a game at Luffenham.

County Champ.jpg

Last edited:

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
London Underground...yes really ?

The walk we had last night from our hotel near The Imperial War museum to the fabulous restaurant on Kings Road, Chelsea where we dined - along the embankment and past so many blue plaque houses and grand buildings from days of empire - was fascinating - and the views up, down and across the Thames are always superb, that walk was very enjoyable. But the short walk from restaurant to Sloane Square and the 5mins on a v quiet District Line from there to Embankment...well...with feet not fully recovered from the earlier walk that did most certainly gladden the heart.

Also...so few tourists...so relatively quiet...

A lovely evening in a great city.

Got to say i love London for a break, you can feel the History about the place.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got to say i love London for a break, you can feel the History about the place.

London is great for tourists. Everything is just there. Fantastic public transport to get around (much like Paris) lots of things to do

Just working there makes people not appreciate it. Fully understandable though ...