Things That Gladden The Heart

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Met up today with a bunch from "work". With us all leaving at the end of 2020, apart from a few who had to hang on until March, we never had a proper goodbye. Met outside at Ferry Meadows in Peterborough and the good ones turned up and the others sensibly stayed away. One person in particular, Karen M (we had lots of Karen's) was always the glue that held us all together and she arranged today - so typical of her. Sometimes in life you meet someone who is just a good person through and through and can thank yourself lucky you had them in your life.

I hope we manage to stay in touch - get a good feeling we will.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wife asked me to clear the moss and weeds out of the stone paved drive … horrific job , knackers the knees. So I was looking for some easy options. Looked at patio clear which is okay, but the best one is .. using bbq gel and spraying it on small patches at a time.. then lighting it . The pleasure of watching it burn knowing my knees have not been mashed up is very satisfying

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wife asked me to clear the moss and weeds out of the stone paved drive … horrific job , knackers the knees. So I was looking for some easy options. Looked at patio clear which is okay, but the best one is .. using bbq gel and spraying it on small patches at a time.. then lighting it . The pleasure of watching it burn knowing my knees have not been mashed up is very satisfying

I hope you removed the cars first

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Imagine the insurance claim

So mr Harpo .. you say your car spontaneously combusted
Wouldn’t be the first time.. I left the keys and car open in Sainsbury’s car park Aylesbury.. it was Renault Megane.. no one took it so I called the insurance and asked them for a discount because theft was not going to happen.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Cleared the shelf of Wolf Blass CabSav 14% in Tesco - last day of 25% off for any six bottles. Bought A FEW others as well.
Won't be buying any more wine for a few months, hopefully.
Just thinking about how much money I've saved. :sneaky: