Things I have never owned

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can't believe no one has picked up on this one. Based on your many posts I'm imagining you have been back and forth to the USA on many occasions. That means flights, hotels etc. I'm guessing many expenses claims as well? You have done all of that without a credit card?
Like me, just use a debit card.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
All on a debit card. Never owned a bona-fide credit card in my life.
That's a big wow for me. Credit cards gave, still do, massive protection to the consumer in terms of consumer protection and fraud. There is also the convenience and control over costs when you are away on holiday, abroad with work etc. For someone who does a lot of travel, I'm making big assumptions there, I find that a huge surprise.

I don't know whether to applaud or be worried for you but either way that is a standout one for me ?

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Two years ago I applied for a credit card from my bank, with whom I have banked with for over 50 years.. They refused because I have no regular income, have never borrowed and always been in credit. Having said that, I also had an investment portfolio with them worth a considerable sum. Needless to say, I no longer bank with them!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can't believe no one has picked up on this one. Based on your many posts I'm imagining you have been back and forth to the USA on many occasions. That means flights, hotels etc. I'm guessing many expenses claims as well? You have done all of that without a credit card?

He uses another persons:devilish:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's a big wow for me. Credit cards gave, still do, massive protection to the consumer in terms of consumer protection and fraud. There is also the convenience and control over costs when you are away on holiday, abroad with work etc. For someone who does a lot of travel, I'm making big assumptions there, I find that a huge surprise.

I don't know whether to applaud or be worried for you but either way that is a standout one for me ?

Lot of people I know were told never get one because of getting into debt

I was encouraged to get one. Built up a rating by using the card then pay off

Everything I buy goes on the card for protection and points.. transferred from bank 5 mins later

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lot of people I know were told never get one because of getting into debt

I was encouraged to get one. Built up a rating by using the card then pay off

Everything I buy goes on the card for protection and points.. transferred from bank 5 mins later
What I taught my daughter..... get a card pay off each month, build a credit rating & follow Martin Lewis ??

sunshine

Visit site

If you don’t travel much or have business expenses then many people wouldn’t really see the need for a credit card.

Personally I couldn’t live without free credit. All my expenditure goes on the card.