Things I have never owned

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why does the very unPC comment 'Grow a pair' come to mind? :unsure:
I used to use this comment in jest, okay half jest, but was told off by my right on teenage daughter. I then set the task at work of finding an equivalent phrase to replace it that could not be deemed as sexist, old school etc. After a good bit of fun we settled on 'have a look at yourself '. It is not quite as satisfying but critics struggle to condemn it in the same way so you get to use it more freely ?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In the same vein as @ScienceBoy - I have never owned the final decision on anything to do with house decorating or furnishing - nor any final decision on my clothes...I can have a little more say on the shoe front...but not that much more :)
Yeah my wife is like that, but I make the decisions I live with. She was telling me what company car to get and the colours. Cars are my business, I know best, I will make the decisions. So yeah she was upset with the Silicon silver F pace 3 litre sport, but I wasn’t ?. As for clothes, yes always critical, not allowed to slouch on my sofa either... she says second husband will be better, I just say I won’t be bothering with another wife, girlfriend maybe, but not another wife.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Yeah my wife is like that, but I make the decisions I live with. She was telling me what company car to get and the colours. Cars are my business, I know best, I will make the decisions. So yeah she was upset with the Silicon silver F pace 3 litre sport, but I wasn’t ?. As for clothes, yes always critical, not allowed to slouch on my sofa either... she says second husband will be better, I just say I won’t be bothering with another wife, girlfriend maybe, but not another wife.

So if you know about cars, how did you end up with that pile of junk? ?

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A house, outright, despite being a home ‘owner’ since I was 22. Looking forward to the day I’m mortgage free. Unfortunately, after recently moving there is 20 years to wait in that score.