Thermal golf jackets

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Fed up of freezing my bits off.
Would like some form of thermal jacket that is shower, wind proof and has some form of thermal padding.
Any one got experience of the latest offerings ?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Would like some form of thermal jacket that is shower, wind proof and has some form of thermal padding.
I have a FJ one it’s really warm with just a polo shirt today.
It’s not waterproof but will resist a shower.
Lovely to play in wind / cold conditions just watch sizing ,so you have room to swing.
With all the padding it can make you look fatter. Who cares!

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I do layer up I have found that thermals are better than all these GG and UA stuff .. and I have a really effective puffa jacket from Joules which is light weight and wanted something more golf orientated but similar

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I do layer up I have found that thermals are better than all these GG and UA stuff .. and I have a really effective puffa jacket from Joules which is light weight and wanted something more golf orientated but similar

Have a look at the ck jacket in American golf- I think its still half price.
I’ve got one and its really Good

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mine is padded in the arms as well.
Some only do the body.
I would recommend the FJ no problem it’s easy to wash as well.
The new Ping ones look nice might see what’s in the sales.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
My mate wears a body warmer, says it does the job and allows a bit more freedom.
One of my waterproof jackets, a Callaway has a nice lining and is pretty good too. I think anything too thick may hinder movement

Waitforme

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thermal leggings / tights under your trousers help a lot. I wear UA thermal leggings.
There is a sh1t load of blood getting cooled circulating through your legs with just a thin pair of cotton trousers as insulation.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
played today in 0 an my Mizuno 3 in one jacked was fine , its wind a showerproof, quite cheap for a Jacket and Gilet

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Layering up for me.

When it is windy the top layer is a Goretex jacket. I use a Spray Way walking jacket rather than a golf specific one which has a concealed hood which makes it very cosy round the back of the neck.

The last to one layer is normally a padded high neck sleveless fleece (from Edinburgh Woolen Mill).

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
I tend to use my ski thermals - Merino Wool - picked up some recently from Aldi fairly cheap and keep me warm enough. Great under a polo then a thin is waterproof jacket - plenty warm enough

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wonder if I am over layering as it’s my own sweat that is making me cold.
I’ll reduce my layers and put a proper wind stopper on.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Uniqlo down gillet is my winter insulation. Warm and incredibly light. A couple of thin ski thermals underneath, and a super lightweight running windproof over the top (much thinner and lighter than any golfing windproof I've encountered). If I'm still cold, I shouldn't be playing in the weather!

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Layering up is a good option, but equally so are the padded jackets. I'm on my third one at the moment (bought over three years), all three have been good, worn for golf and general day to day use. The first was a Stubert, circa £40 on ebay, a cheap option but very warm, light and showerproof. I like Stubert gear, it's very underrated. The second was one of the first UA Reactor Coldgear, slightly more expensive, but extremely lightweight and warm, a brilliant option. The latest one is a Puma PWRwarm jacket I picked up in Japan last month, again, really lightweight and warm. I rate all three and switch them around a bit, although tending to fade out the Stubert a bit more of late.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
I don't tend to get too cold playing golf, but I do go 3 or 4 thinner layers with a snood and hat :)

Sat watching the football in the cold wind on top of a hill in Nailsworth - that's another matter....