Thermal golf jackets

D

Deleted member 23344

+1 for wearing a base layer. I have a couple (one Adidas and one Ping) and they are toastie warm.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Layer up on the core and slightly less for the arms. A good base helps as does a good sleeveless item on the top. Long sleeve stuff is only for when it’s mild and wet, otherwise one long sleeve elements at most when cold.

Once you get moving you warm up anyway and I find I strip off half way round.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've had a Footjoy thermal jacket for about a year. Great when it is cold.

Decent layering up makes a huge difference. Even a tee shirt under the gold shirt is worth it...up to full thermal base layers when it's really nippy!

When I am adding layers I rarely wear a golf polo. As I am unlikely to be stripping right down to that layer I usually wear a sports t shirt. This means I have one less collar to worry about. It can get a but cramped in that department with a polo, gilet and jumper or outer layer for example.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Fed up of freezing my bits off.
Would like some form of thermal jacket that is shower, wind proof and has some form of thermal padding.
Any one got experience of the latest offerings ?
Depending on how tall and fat you are it may be worth trying a heated gilet on Amazon. I’m 6’2” and a stocky XL build and even at the China version of 4XL it was nowhere near big enough for me.

Doodle

Visit site
I use lined trousers & layer up on my torso & top it off with a body warmer.
This still allows enough freedom of movement to make the game enjoyable.
If it's colder than 4° I just don't bother playing, as I can't feel my fingers.