The streak continues

muttleee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Tiger won his 7th consecutive PGA tour event today giving him the 2nd longest winning streak ever, behind the legendary Byron Nelson's 11 wins in 1945. Of course, not having Setanta Sports, I didn't see any of it!

Is it conceivable that Tiger could go on to match Byron's incredible streak..?? Seems unlikely but if anyone can do it, Tiger can!

Severiano798488

Club Champion
Visit site
He definitely can - I'm one of those lucky cable customers who gets Setanta Golf free for a few weeks, and I watched him do the business

As usual with him he seemed to be coasting and like he could have found a couple more gears had he needed them, which he didn't

He's next due to play at the Nissan Open on Feb 15th and then in the WGC matchplay. Technically he could lose the WGC as Nelson's streak was strokeplay only. I agree with what the commentators were saying on Setanta last night - they said that we should cheer him on, despite it being boring that he keeps winning. How often does this happen? 1945 was the last time, so come on Tiger!

swingstar1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Re: The streak continues...but for how long?

Tiger has an awful record at the Nissan - never won it and only two top 10s

that said would anyone be brave enough to lay him in this form? Sure there would be a good spread for those with the titleists for it!

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
Re: The streak continues...but for how long?

Sparrow can you believe it but odds were just 8/1 on a Grand Slam last time i looked...that's incredible - but as Swingstar says you need some enormous cojones to bet against him!!

Am with Seve, got to enjoy it and cheer for Tiger - it's a privilege to watch someone so in control of themselves and what they want to do.