The Setanta Debate

ace_in_the_pack

Medal Winner
Visit site
What is everyone's opinion on Setanta beating Sky to the US Tour rights?

I always used to tune in to the PGA Tour on Sky becasue the atmosphere of the crowd was so good, plus Tiger and co. playing great golf helps.
For some reason the European Tour is not the same, so as I haven't got Setanta I don't watch any golf on the box anymore.

Anyone else feel the same?

swingstar1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Re: The Setanta Debate?

I think Goosen's win in Qatar showed just how good the European Tour can be and without the distraction of covering the PGA Tour its clear Sky are really pulling out all the stops in terms of coverage and getting the best commentators out for these events

I havent seen much setanata coverage yet so cant really make a call on their coverage and compare the two

Severiano798488

Club Champion
Visit site
Re: The Setanta Debate?

I agree with swingstar about Sky upping the ante for their European Tour coverage. It's much better than last year, when it seemed to be a bit of an afterthought to their US coverage.

As for Setanta, I receive it free for a few weeks as a cable customer. The coverage is good, with lots of familiar names like Dominik Holyer from Sky and Ken Brown from the BBC. They tend to make more use of the US telecasts so have seen a lot of Faldo too with his quirky commentating.

That said, I won't be paying extra for it when the free period ends. I may change my mind in the autumn when Setanta offer Premiership football as well, but at the moment £40 for Sky is enough for me.