The Queen

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Is there anything more stirring than the sight and sounds of the massed pipes and drums???
Magnificent. The only word for it.
Nothing…absolutely nothing…just an awesome and very emotional sound. I think she had played one of the tunes the Queen Mother had played at her funeral…Chi mi an morbheanna…The Mist Covered Mountains of Home…though the QM had it played at a slower tempo if I recall.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Nothing…absolutely nothing…just an awesome and very emotional sound. I think she had played one of the tunes the Queen Mother had played at her funeral…Chi mi an morbheanna…The Mist Covered Mountains of Home…though the QM had it played at a slower tempo if I recall.
Thanks for that, I wondered what it was.
Very haunting and very apt.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Massive hat tip to the bass drummer who has been keeping a solid and constant beat for an hour or more now. That is skill and stamina

Think there's two of them side by side, insane timing to keep a constant 60 bpm for that long. I'd love to know if they are using metronomes or are just crazy talented.

Swango1980

Visit site
Think there's two of them side by side, insane timing to keep a constant 60 bpm for that long. I'd love to know if they are using metronomes or are just crazy talented.
There was one in the drum itself. One of them was being interviewed last week, and explained how they keep the beat.

D

Deleted member 15344

A send off that gives you goosebumps, just stunning the level of presicion from the military , and the crowds there , wow , it’s something we won’t ever witness again and we should be proud of The Queen and we should be more proud of our country and the lads and lasses that serve it. It’s a sad moment , a time of loss and it’s very touching for many but today is a ceremony that no one else can do.