The perfect golfers birthday present?

golfbuddy

Visit site
Hello Guys,
I play golf myself, i must be honest though i am just a rookie, its my dads 50th coming up, is a pretty big one so i thought i would splash out a bit. I was unsure what to get him, but i know he loves golf so all my searches on the net have revolved around golf, i found this pretty cool site which has antique golf stuff, i reckon he might like that as there is a bit of history..
http://www.golf-antiques-online.com/
the thing is what to get him?

Any ideas guys?
thanks a lot in advance,
Matt

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah, a bunch of strangers are gonna have a better idea of what to buy your dad than you are.

Get a grip, Go pay for your advertising!

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
What is it with people who say 'i must be honest though' or ' I'll be honest' or 'to be honest'

Is this code for I am about to verbally produce aload of crud!

golfbuddy

Visit site
cheers buddies!!

lol glad my first post has gone down so well, i am a 25 year old guy who works in retail merchandising? I cant see me running an antiques golf website, is this forum this evil to all the newbies? Gee whizz, i only usually read the the tips and stuff on the forum, this is the first time i had anything to say.

I think i deserve an apology guys

golfbuddy

Visit site
Yeah, a bunch of strangers are gonna have a better idea of what to buy your dad than you are.

Get a grip, Go pay for your advertising!

i was hoping to speak to some people of my dads age about fifty, thanks for the eloquent response

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
An introduction would help to begin with!

Then maybe a contribution to the forum of some sort and then I can assure you, you will be welcomed with open arms by this most friendly forum!

But as you can tell, majority of people do not like it when people sign up at half 9 and by 5 too 10 have there first plug live!

We get far to many people coming on here using the site for free advertising, and we certainly dont need anymore!

If you decide to stick around long enough and contribute accordingly, I will offer my sincere appologies and welcome you in. Untill then I reserve my opinion!

golfbuddy

Visit site
Ok cool.

everyones happy.

sorry for any offence, please feel free to edit my post and remove the link if i have inadvertently broken any rules.

Hopefully if i mention this when i buy the present, he will give me discount lol!!
It was eitherthis or a present for both of us to go golfing in Thailand! I think thailand could have been a bit messy from what i have heard about some of the guys from the club who recently came back!
Have any of you guys been golfing in thailand?

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cant say I have to be fair, Where are you from?

Has he played any famous courses? Could that be an option? The old course maybe?

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
The problem is mate, that we get so many people on here touting their wares so there is a bit of animousity towards such potential posters.

Haven't been golfing in thailand but I know some fellas who did, one of the boys 1st stops after dispatching his bags at home was the walk-in clap clinic at Medway Hospital!