The Open

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
For the first time ever in my life I have placed an each way bet with the bookies on Jimenez to win or finish in the top 5.

I thought it would add a little 'spice' to the weekends viewing!

Have I lost my money?

Mind you watching it on the computor whilst writing this, some good golf despite the weather. It's like watching F1 in the rain, really brings a myriad of skills out. Clever stuff these computors!

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Too harsh on Sandy guys. Give him some credit for what he has achieved in the past,he is not known as a delicate little flower. I was so pi**ed off with Mark Roe who slagged him mercilessly,compared to Lyle he is a golfing dwarf and his advice was that Sandy should have made up a ficticous injury. Tells you all you need to know about MR for me,at least Sandy came on the radio and fronted up.

What an effort from the Shark today,even in the better conditions that was a proper round of golf.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I like sandy, Id no idea he was still such a big hitter off the tee til recently. I just think that if he wasnt "right" he should have stepped aside and let a reserve into the space, hes played in plenty of opens and maybe someone green could have gotten in and enjoyed it more.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Good point brendy,however in his interview he said that he had been in good nick lately but that today had gone horribly wrong. Personally I would have ploughed on but then again I havent won an Open,a Masters and a Players Championship.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Apparently he wasn't the only one. Rich Beem jacked in as well.

To paraphrase one comment 'They are paid professionals. They should have completed their rounds. As it is they've deprived two people who would have given their eyeteeth to play in an Open.'

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Its a pity he didnt stay out as the weather did lessen when the rain went off, nearly 20 other players including daly and a few other bigger names did equally as bad.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Greg Norman- round of the day by far in my opinion. Not the best score out there but a titanic effort from somebody at that stage in his life/ career. As for Rocco Mediate I really didn't expect him to show his face again after the US open (not as in he disgraced himself but i thought it was a fluke) but fair play to the guy from what I have seen of him he is a very down to earth bloke and a credit to the sport. Didn't someone on hear back him ew at 200s? Good on you whoever it was, I am certainly hoping this bet comes up for you. I didn't place a bet in the end as I was too indecisive but did make up my mind of 3 players I would back so come Sunday I will either be pleased or pretty dam peed off that I gave it a miss.

I thoroughly enjoyed what action I saw once I got back from work though- hopefully it will be the same tomorrow.

ob1

Medal Winner
Visit site
Rocco will be there or there about! He has skill plus a big dose of luck too.

I love to see "the shark" win the open but somehow I doubt it!
Fisher look like a good under dog bet at 70-1, I like gutsy player...will off to bookie tomorrow :)

139sroberts

Hacker
Visit site
For the first time ever in my life I have placed an each way bet with the bookies on Jimenez to win or finish in the top 5.

I thought it would add a little 'spice' to the weekends viewing!

Have I lost my money?

Mind you watching it on the computor whilst writing this, some good golf despite the weather. It's like watching F1 in the rain, really brings a myriad of skills out. Clever stuff these computors!

lol i feel your pain as i did the same! i don't bet much at all either and decided to do each way, that turned my £50 into a £100 - with a Return of £1600. I have seen Jimenez performing extreming consistantly for the past 9 months so went for him at £25 - 1. He had a decent first round, BUT the second.... :( I wonder if missing that birdie opportunity at the 18th yesterday messed up his mindset.

anyway, lost a ton, ca la vie, wont bet a again for another year :)

Steve

Steve