The Open

B

birdieman

Anything under par would be fantastic, happy with the conditions as my money is on Justin Leonard who can usuallly handle wind better than most. Good to see these pampered pros taken apart and flustered, a bit like we hackers do every medal.
Intrigued to see how Mr Monty will do - don't think he'll break 80 if the weather keeps up.

mrobbie

Club Champion
Visit site
I think I blew my chances of watching any of the open on the box - managed to land myself a Fri & Sat game of golf, so will need to spend some of that quality time stuff with the mrs, and I'm certain golf on TV is not in that category!

I'd like to see Rose or Westwood doing well...

B

birdieman

Dyson has just taken a double bogey followed by a quintuple bogey to be +10 after 10, could be one of those days. :eek:
Imagine how you'd feel half way into the first round of the biggest tournament there is and you've totally blown it already...dear dear! :mad:

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Makes me feel so much better seeing he big hitting pros drive the ball 230 and use a 3 wood to reach a par 4 430 yard hole.

I told you all that Westwood was putting awful.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sandy Lyle just walked off the course because his hands were feeling numb?!?! Its called being cold!

B

birdieman

Sandy Lyle just walked off the course because his hands were feeling numb?!?! Its called being cold!

Quite disappointed in the great man, he's not injured he just said he thinned one and his fingers were numb and he couldn't swing the club properly -they're all in the same boat!
If you were first reserve (or alternate as they say in US) you'd be a bit miffed that you didn't get to play because of an old former champion taking your place who decided to give up because the weather is bad = poor show Sandy, you should try a regular 9 to 5 like us to see how blessed you really are as a golf pro! :(

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
He should play a softer ball. This would never have happened with the old tour balata. You could thin that all day and not feel a thing.

Now there has been a precedent set, you wonder if Dyson will jack it in too. Could start a trend. Heck, you might not even need to have a cut by Saturday.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
On BBC 606 its quite split with people stating he is injured and the other side stating walking off the course is the type of thing a teen golfer would do, having said that I have walked off due to poor form and the weather before, but I might score 150+ in the Open but its something I would love for the rest of my life.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Westwood has not started well, there again, he's probably had his 6 or 8 weeks at top form.

Monty is holding on well, as is Harrington at the momment, even though getting into some tough possitions.

I certainly wont discount Lee Westwood yet, his game may wake up yet.

Suprises of the Day are KJ Choi, Ian Poulter, Goosen....

I'll so far tip KJ Choi & Poulter, with Monty as an outsider.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think I could be kicking myself when this is over. I said at the start of the season that KJ would win a major this year then never picked him for the fantasy league.

Two of my six have started, both playing as bad I did this morning (at least I found a dozen balls)