The Open 2023

roblad82

Visit site
Just been allocated 4 tickets for the Sunday. Originally applied for Friday and Sunday but happy to get anything so we can start planning now

evemccc

Visit site
Just got what I booked

I’m quite sure most people will get what they want. I can’t see an Open next summer at Hoylake being the draw that St Andrews 150th was

IMO The R&A are trying to create the same demand and frenzy for tickets as Wimbledon has had for years, and that’s why the switch to a ballot application has occurred —— fostering the illusion of scarcity

Edit: And yes, I’m a general cynic ?

Last edited:

rystaman

Visit site
Just got confirmation for the Friday. Applied for Friday, Saturday and Sunday and stupidly only booked a hotel Friday, Saturday and Sunday night...

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
The train station for Hoylake is about 200 yards away from the entrance.
The trains are usually every 10mins from James Street station in Liverpool when the open is on.

Chester isnt too far away, probably about 40mins by car but hoylake can be bit awkward to get to by car so you'd have to use the park and ride and i'm not sure how far away they are.

If i were you i'd try and get accomodation in Liverpool then jump the rattler to Hoylake. Easy enough and less hassle in all honesty.
Park'n'Ride was only 5/10 minutes away when I was there a few years ago and wasn't difficult to get to. Plenty of accommodation on the Wirral side of Chester. Even more in Chester. About 1/2 an hour via M53 or A494