The Open 2023

Richmatt

Medal Winner
Visit site
Missed out on Tickets in the ballot, would love to have been able to go. Does anyone know of a way to get any tickets, if anyone can help that would be great.

evemccc

Visit site
Missed out on Tickets in the ballot, would love to have been able to go. Does anyone know of a way to get any tickets, if anyone can help that would be great.

I believe the ticket resale platform…when it opens…

Does anyone know when that is likely to be - and having used it before - how likely it is to get a ticket?

I’m looking for 1 ticket for the Monday or ideally Tuesday 18th July (practice day) - and would swap my ticket on the Sunday 16th or be willing to sell it

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
So I've got my tickets alongside 2 mates for Sunday this year - and now were talking travel plans etc.

I've seen in this thread about the train from Liverpool - 100% seems like the logical option to me to actually get to the course...

Questions -

1) How long does the train take from Liverpool across?
2) How early would you plan on arriving on Sunday?
3) Any must see's/ do's at Royal Liverpool?
4) Any recommendations of courses to play on Saturday when driving up from Worcester? We thought about playing Marriot Worseley park and getting a stay and play package but they aren't offering anything deal wise atm..

evemccc

Visit site
So I've got my tickets alongside 2 mates for Sunday this year - and now were talking travel plans etc.

I've seen in this thread about the train from Liverpool - 100% seems like the logical option to me to actually get to the course...

Questions -

1) How long does the train take from Liverpool across?
2) How early would you plan on arriving on Sunday?
3) Any must see's/ do's at Royal Liverpool?
4) Any recommendations of courses to play on Saturday when driving up from Worcester? We thought about playing Marriot Worseley park and getting a stay and play package but they aren't offering anything deal wise atm..

1) Not being rude but a simple search on National Rail app or website will give correct information, plus how often they run and the cost…far better than relying on randoms from a golf forum

2) If it were me, I’d arrive as early as you can. Walk the course, see in person where you want to watch the action from

3) The Par 3 11th(?) or 12th(?) is a beautiful view and a great one shot hole - the 17th would also be superb. The 4th green (from Members tees, not sure the No. from Open tees) is in the middle of the course and would be a good place I reckon. My pick would be the 8th green (Members 8th) - a par 5 green so plenty will go for the green in two shots and miss…so more interesting to see short game shots
4) All links near there will be v expensive this summer

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
1) Not being rude but a simple search on National Rail app or website will give correct information, plus how often they run and the cost…far better than relying on randoms from a golf forum

2) If it were me, I’d arrive as early as you can. Walk the course, see in person where you want to watch the action from

3) The Par 3 11th(?) or 12th(?) is a beautiful view and a great one shot hole - the 17th would also be superb. The 4th green (from Members tees, not sure the No. from Open tees) is in the middle of the course and would be a good place I reckon. My pick would be the 8th green (Members 8th) - a par 5 green so plenty will go for the green in two shots and miss…so more interesting to see short game shots
4) All links near there will be v expensive this summer

Cheers for the reply!

Not actually bothering with the train after all, booking parking and got a hotel for the night before near Chester! 😂

I wasn’t really after links, just courses between Worcester and Liverpool that might be worth a round on that M6 run! Could be a hidden gem that I don’t know of!

Out of interest, would you not follow the leaders on Sunday?

evemccc

Visit site
Cheers for the reply!

Not actually bothering with the train after all, booking parking and got a hotel for the night before near Chester! 😂

I wasn’t really after links, just courses between Worcester and Liverpool that might be worth a round on that M6 run! Could be a hidden gem that I don’t know of!

Out of interest, would you not follow the leaders on Sunday?

Personally I wouldn’t

I’d follow a pair for much of the course and then find a green to watch - either a par 3, or a place where you can see other action happening around with binoculars on neighbouring tee-boxes

If you want to watch the leaders, you won’t see much at all IMO

Each to their own of course

roblad82

Visit site
We’re stopping and playing at Wychwood park which I’d say wouldn’t be a million miles out of the way between Worcester and Wirral but might be further than you’d like from Chester

SyR

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We're going for the practice day and Thursday. Very excited to be going to my first Open, just hoping the weather stays dry...

simsini

Visit site
Who are we all on to win this week? I've gone for:

Brooks Koepka - 22/1
Rickie Fowler - 25/1
Dustin Johnson - 40/1
Patrick Reed - 90/1

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Who are we all on to win this week? I've gone for:

Brooks Koepka - 22/1
Rickie Fowler - 25/1
Dustin Johnson - 40/1
Patrick Reed - 90/1
I already put a couple of quid on Rory to win, so it was kind of annoying he won yesterday since you'd think he's unlikely to win two weeks running. But you never know.

Haven't looked at the others yet but I kind of fancied Fowler as well. If he's got his A-game back it could be well suited.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All my bets are backed for Ew top 12 places

Reed 55/1
BDC 50/1
Smith 11/1
DJ 25/1
Rahm 10/1
Brooks 14/1
Fowler 18/1

All worked out to cost total of £12.10 lol (what's left in my betting account)

Any of them comes in I should in theory just about break even ..

Got a feeling ill double my money covering almost the entire field lol 😂